* Fw: Subsections
@ 1999-08-30  7:42 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 1999-08-30  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, something went wrong with my mailer (accidently sent the message too
early).

> I would like to change the format of subsections. If I name a subsection
with

> \subsection{Troubleshooting Function M-files}
>
> then I would like the following formats.
>
> A little bit of blank space before the subsection, but not so much as
there
> is now. The title of the subsection (without a number preceding),
flushleft
> to the margin, in the same font size as the regular body font, but bold,
> with a period after the subsection title, then run-in to the remainder of
> the text, as in

Nice challenge, but in the end pretty easy:

\setuphead
  [subsection]
  [alternative=text,
   before={\blank[10pt]},
   after=,
   style=bold,
   command=\mysubsection]

\def\mysubsection#1#2{#2.}

You could also say: number=no, to tell context, that this will not be
numbered. Though the output is not an different at all, the table of
contents would be. EXperimenting is the game here.

Now I wonder, would Hans come up with a completely different solution?

Gilbert.