* Movies
@ 2000-06-01 19:26 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-06-01 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I tried:

%output=pdf

\starttext

\placefigure
 [here][movie]
 {Animating movies with the Model Builder.}
 \startcombination[2*1]
    {\externalfigure[sp.avi][width=100pt,height=100pt,preview=yes]}{}
    {\externalfigure[simple_pendulum_pp][width=100pt]}{}
 \stopcombination

\stoptext

But I got this error:

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
<to be read again>
                   \x01
l.1 RIFF,Ö\x04 AVI LIST+   hdrlavih8   k\x04\x01
                                        :b        +       \x01   á\x11  +...
?

Are avis supported in Context?

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Movies
@ 2008-01-18  4:44 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2008-01-18  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Does anyone have any experience embedding Quicktime or other movies
in Context? Either in the document itself or simply a URL that will
play the movie in the the user's system player?

Can anyone supply some sample code snippets?

Appreciated.

David Arnold
http://online.redwoods.edu/instruct/darnold

* Movies
@ 2006-02-08 14:45 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-02-08 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my presentation sheets I want to put some movies (quicktime or
mpeg4 and the like).
I did do what is in the manual but somehow it stopped working for me
in Adobe Reader (7.0.5 Mac)(not sure why, might be newer final cut
pro, might be something else). So I thought: perhaps somewhat more
control exercised over the contents of the pdf objects might help.

The manual has not much more on movie inclusion therefore I searched
through the source.
In cont-new.tex I found things like
	% \useexternalrendering[example-5][video/quicktime] [p1000726.mov]
and maybe that is what I was looking for. I adapted the movie name
and tried to test with the example given in cont-new.tex (starting at
line 1581) and --lo and behold-- now got a playing movie.

But, with:
\definerenderingwindow
    [movie]
    [background=color,backgroundcolor=gray,
     openpageaction=StartCurrentRendering,
     closepageaction=NextPage]% StopCurrentRendering]
I now get the opening frame of the window on all pages of the sheets
instead of only on the one containing the movie. How can I change
that to an appearance on that specific page only?

In the menu only the Startbutton worked. The buttons were set with:
\def\renderingmenu[#1]%
    {\hbox
       {\setupbuttons[width=2.5em]%
        \button{\symbol[StartMovie]} [StartMovie{#1}]\enspace
        \button{\symbol[StopMovie]}  [StopMovie{#1}]\enspace
        \button{\symbol[PauseMovie]} [PauseMovie{#1}]\enspace
        \button{\symbol[ResumeMovie]}[ResumeMovie{#1}]}}
I changed the part "Rendering" from the example to "Movie" as there
are keys PauseMovie etc. in mult-con.tex.
As said, only StartMovie reacted as expected.

Is there some -- how rudimentary it may be -- documentation about
this? Where do I look for it?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer

* movies
@ 1999-06-09 11:58 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-09 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to say:

for movies one has to specify the width and height, and it had better
be the right aspect ratio. I still have no movie dimension parser.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Movies
@ 1999-06-09 11:10 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 1999-06-09 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>Hans,
>
>Regarding animations:
>
>1. What kind of movie files can be used with Context?

QuickTime movies.

>2. I note that little  windmill movie in one of your files. I imagine that
>this is movie created with a number of frames made by Metapost? Yes? No?

Hans made this using Metapost. After that a friend of him combined the
images into a QuickTime movie. Don't know what tools you need.

>4. Could you zip a little context source file that shows how to put a movie
>in a context file?

\externalfigure[MyMovie.mov][width=3cm,height=2cm,preview=yes]

You can also create buttons to start movies. Look that up in  the sources.

* Movies
@ 1999-06-09  5:03 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 1999-06-09  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

Regarding animations:

1. What kind of movie files can be used with Context?

2. I note that little  windmill movie in one of your files. I imagine that
this is movie created with a number of frames made by Metapost? Yes? No?

3. Could you give me a hint on how you made the little windmill movie? What
software do you make movies with?

4. Could you zip a little context source file that shows how to put a movie
in a context file?

Thanks,