* A little question and answer
@ 2000-06-19  8:03 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-06-19  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I would like to write a little interactive exercise and question document.

In the source, I write the question, then the answer, then the next
question and answer, etc. In the typeset doc, I get a list of numbered
questions, a page break, then a list or correlated numbered answers.
Clicking on a question number takes me to the answer. Clicking on an answer
number (or other icon) returns me to the question.

I don't need anything too fancy. I just want to get started.

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Re: A little question and answer
@ 2000-06-19 21:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-19 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:03 AM 6/19/00 -0700, David Arnold wrote:

>I would like to write a little interactive exercise and question document.
>
>In the source, I write the question, then the answer, then the next
>question and answer, etc. In the typeset doc, I get a list of numbered
>questions, a page break, then a list or correlated numbered answers.
>Clicking on a question number takes me to the answer. Clicking on an answer
>number (or other icon) returns me to the question.
>
>I don't need anything too fancy. I just want to get started.

Well, finally an easy question:

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\defineblock[question]
\defineblock[answer]

\hideblocks[answer]

\defineenumeration[question][coupling=answer]
\defineenumeration[answer][coupling=question]

\starttext

\chapter {Questions}

\beginquestion
\startquestion
Is this what you want?
\stopquestion
\endquestion

\beginanswer
\startanswer
I guess so.
\stopanswer
\endanswer

\beginquestion
\startquestion
Is this what you want?
\stopquestion
\endquestion

\beginanswer
\startanswer
I guess so.
\stopanswer
\endanswer

\chapter {Answers}

\useblocks[answer]

\stoptext

More on this block moving [there is a beta system for local parameters to
such blocks and so which is yet undocumented] in the manual,

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.nl