* Re: Setting table widths exactly
@ 2000-07-19  9:52 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-07-19  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Since nobody feels moved to answer this question, can anybody tell me where Michael Wichura's TABLE package is documented? I tried searching CTAN with keywords "wichura" and "table" and drew a blank.

Christopher
From: Joris Graaumans @ 2000-07-19 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hello,

At 12:52 PM 7/19/00 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>> I found something like \SetTableToWidth{} in the Getting Started Manual.

I'm using

\setuptables[width=16cm]

Greetings,

Joris
Utrecht University / Faculty of Arts
Department Computer & Letteren
Achter de Dom 22-24, office 2.03
+31 - 30 - 253 6355
3512 JP Utrecht
the Netherlands

* Setting table widths exactly
@ 2000-07-16 23:54 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-07-16 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

This should be a simple problem but I can't find replicable examples in the English documentation (and I have just about everything).

Basically, I want two tables laid out on the page, one below the other, and I want to make them both the same width, despite the fact that they have different numbers of columns:

+------------------------+
|       |                        |
+------------------------+

+------------------------+
|       |      |           |     |
+------------------------+

My declarations look something like:

\setuplayout
  [width=16cm,
  ...]

\starttext

\starttable[|rw(.5cm)|lw(14cm)|]
\stoptable

\blank[4*big]

\starttable[|rw(.5cm)|lw(4.5cm)|lw(4cm)|lw(5.5cm)|]
\stoptable