* Fixed my project
@ 2000-07-28  3:48 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-07-28  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

All,

I fixed my project. I had two basic problems.

1. In the product file activities.tex, relative addressing allowed Context
to find the components:

\startproduct activities

\project linalg

 \component vectors/context-vectors
 \component matrices/context-matrices

\stopproduct

2. My second problem came because I followed the lead provided in
co-en-03.pdf on page 7. This steered me down the wrong highway.

By reading page 5 of the same doc, I figured I needed to start each of my
component files as follows:

\startcomponent context-matrices

\project linalg

\product activities

and

\startcomponent context-vectors

\project linalg

\product activities

I can now compile the project (linalg.tex), the product (activities.tex),
and each component (context-vectors.tex and context-matrices.tex)
separately. So, a good day's work. I am using the following to compile each
of the mentioned files:

texexec --pdf --mode=letter "%N%T"

So, a pretty good day's work. Now I am going to get to work to try and
write a screen mode in environment1.tex.

However, I still have not found a solution to an earlier post. If I have
twenty components, named component1 through component20, is there a way I
can compile a single file and produce component1.pdf through
component20.pdf? I would very much like to hear the answer to this
question, as it would be a huge timesaver and a safe way of making sure a
complete set of files is updated.
-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-28  3:48 UTC | newest]