* Example
@ 2001-01-08  6:43 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-01-08  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I'd like to for an example environment for a textbook. It should look like:

Example 2 Here is the statement of the problem.

Solution: Here is the solution of the problem.

................................................> Here is a little square
or other symbol

There should be a little space before and after the example.

Thoughts?

* example
@ 2001-06-11 20:03 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-06-11 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Even though I'm aware that this example is by no means spectacular in
complexity, I mention it here anyway as it might serve as one other example
of the simplicity of using ConTeXt to generate a fine print-version and an
interactive screen-version of out of basically one file.

On www.johanpolak.nl I am publishing a (dutch) book of essays which, in
1991/2 was a best seller in its own niche of literary science. Circumstances
have it that I control the copyright so I was able to revitalize the book
which has been out of print for some years now.

Hans Hagen provided the basic setup and all I did was start work on the
chapter-by-chapter coding of the ascii text which a Belgian friend was kind
enough to scan out of the printed copy. A few chapters are up now and I plan
to add more in the coming weeks until the book is back entirely.

It's pleasant to see how the indexing engine allows greater accuracy than
the original book, but it's a bit scary that I might be introducing new
embarrassing errors of my own while triumphantly correcting those of others
;=}}

Best regards,

Frans

* Example
@ 2001-01-22  5:27 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-01-22  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans et all,

I would like to define an enumerated example environment. When the example
completes, via

\startexample...\stopexample,

I would like to typeset a little square (or other symbol) to indicate the
end of the example. Also, I would like a little vertical space both before
and after the example.