* showfont
@ 2001-08-21  2:31 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-08-21  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

Looking at showfont.pdf makes me wonder which of these fonts are free and
which must be purchased for a fee.

I have lucida and mathtimes, both purchased from YandY, but what about
these others. Palatino, for example. Does one have to buy this font. Or is
it available free somewhere?

What about the other fonts in showfont.pdf?

* Re: showfont
@ 2001-08-21  8:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-21  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:31 PM 8/20/2001 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>Hans,
>
>Looking at showfont.pdf makes me wonder which of these fonts are free and
>which must be purchased for a fee.
>
>I have lucida and mathtimes, both purchased from YandY, but what about
>these others. Palatino, for example. Does one have to buy this font. Or is
>it available free somewhere?
>
>What about the other fonts in showfont.pdf?

the palatino [px] and times [tx] fonts shown here are on ctan (and tex
live) but you may have to move the tfm/vf/pfb files to the right place,
apart from the yandy and informal, all fonts are free, quite some from URW;
see last section of mfonts for more details on generating metrics

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl