* font problems with new beta
@ 2001-08-21  3:41 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-08-21  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I haven't been following closely the new font developments, so I am a bit
behind (A miktex user). This file:

%output=pdf
\starttext
 \setupbodyfont[lbr,10pt]
Hello, mama!
\stoptext

Which compiled fine with my old Context (I've just installed the latest
beta), gives this error:

(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))makemf --verbose LucidaBright
cannot find LucidaBright source file.
hbf2gf -q -g LucidaBright 300
MAKETFM: don't know how to make LucidaBright

! Font \*10ptrmtf*=LucidaBright at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not f
ound.
\lastfontname ...idaBright at \scaledfont

\donoparsefontspec ...sname \lastfontname
                                          \relax \the \everyfont \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tclass #1\fontsize *}
                                          \doresetrelativefontsize \f...
\fontstrategy ...ame #2#3#4#5#6\endcsname
                                          \let \fontstrategy \gobbles...
<inserted text> ...talternative \fontsize
                                          \fontstrategy \autofontsize...
\synchronizefont ... \the \fontstrategies
                                          \ifskipfontcharacteristics ...
l.3  \setupbodyfont[lbr,10pt]

?

Anyone else experience this? What has changed?

* Re: font problems with new beta
@ 2001-08-21  8:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:41 PM 8/20/2001 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>All,
>
>I haven't been following closely the new font developments, so I am a bit
>behind (A miktex user). This file:
>
>%output=pdf
>\starttext
>  \setupbodyfont[lbr,10pt]
>Hello, mama!
>\stoptext
>
>Which compiled fine with my old Context (I've just installed the latest
>beta), gives this error:
>
>(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))makemf --verbose LucidaBright
>cannot find LucidaBright source file.
>hbf2gf -q -g LucidaBright 300
>MAKETFM: don't know how to make LucidaBright

I used to predefine some font names, but now do so at runtime, depending on
usage an dencoding [keep in mind that there is more than english, so some
users may want to default to ec, il2, pl0, cyr, or whatever encoding]. You
set up the encoding in cont-sys.tex (it may be worth to take a look in
cont-sys.rme)

\setupencoding[default=texnansi]

This setup determines what typescript will be chosen, and for texnansi, i
didn't yet set up the ec one (which is default). So, there is a typescript
that maps lucida on the natural names, but this may eventually even change
into prefixed names, but i lost the original lucida files [that is, they
must be somewhere on an old floppy] and only have texnansi encoded ones.

if you take a look at the type-* files, you can get an idea on how things
are selected; these methods permit simple definition files [typescripts]
with many encodings without ending up in thousands of tex files for fonts

btw, the idea is that either you load the associated map files manually
[probbaly happens now] or let context/pdftex do so. i already discussed the
sometimes fuzzy map file handling with thanh and when he's back in vietnam
he will look into these issues.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl