* Indent-region
@ 2003-07-27  5:56 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-07-27  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I've found Berend's context.el and Patrick's etexshow.el and they look
promising.

Does anyone know about smart indenting? For example, I entered:

\startitemize[n]

\item Real Estate Tax

The real estate tax is divided into two components.

\startitemize[a,packed]

\item The ownership tax

\item The tenant tax

\stopitemize

If the real estate has no tenants, then the owner pays both components.

\item dog license fee

The owner of one or more dogs pays a fee. When a dog has died or been
sold, the owner has to inform city hall.

\stopitemize

Then I tried indent-region (C-M-\) and got this (I hope it indents in email):

  \startitemize[n]

  \item Real Estate Tax

    The real estate tax is divided into two components.

    \startitemize[a,packed]

    \item The ownership tax

    \item The tenant tax

\stopitemize

If the real estate has no tenants, then the owner pays both components.

\item dog license fee

  The owner of one or more dogs pays a fee. When a dog has died or been
  sold, the owner has to inform city hall.

\stopitemize

Not very good. Any comments anyone? Is there a workaround?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-27  5:56 UTC | newest]