* Stumped on Field
@ 2003-08-05  2:03 darnold
From: darnold @ 2003-08-05  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

In s-mag-01.tex, I am completely baffled by:

\startusableMPgraphic{text}
 StartPage ;
  for i=Header,Text,Footer:
   for j=LeftEdge,LeftMargin,Text,RightMargin,RightEdge:
    draw Field[i][j] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5pt;
   endfor;
  endfor;
 StopPage;
 setbounds currentpicture to Field[Text][Text] ;
\stopusableMPgraphic

I can find no references of Field anywhere, not in s-mag-01, nor in any
files in my texmf tree, nor in documentation, ...

Huh?

Anyone have a clue?

* Re: Stumped on Field
@ 2003-08-05  7:00 ` Sebastian Rooks
From: Sebastian Rooks @ 2003-08-05  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

darnold@northcoast.com wrote:

>All,
>
>In s-mag-01.tex, I am completely baffled by:
>
>\startusableMPgraphic{text}
> StartPage ;
>  for i=Header,Text,Footer:
>   for j=LeftEdge,LeftMargin,Text,RightMargin,RightEdge:
>    draw Field[i][j] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5pt;
>   endfor;
>  endfor;
> StopPage;
> setbounds currentpicture to Field[Text][Text] ;
>\stopusableMPgraphic
>
>I can find no references of Field anywhere, not in s-mag-01, nor in any
>files in my texmf tree, nor in documentation, ...
>
>Huh?

Hi,
See metapost\context\base\mp-page.mp
and the manuel metafun-s.pdf, pages 282 and following

  Seb.

* Re: Stumped on Field
@ 2003-08-05  8:11   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2003-08-05  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Seb,

Good reference. I'll explore this tomorrow.

Thanks.

At 09:00 AM 8/5/03 +0200, you wrote:
>darnold@northcoast.com wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>In s-mag-01.tex, I am completely baffled by:
>>
>>\startusableMPgraphic{text}
>> StartPage ;
>>  for i=Header,Text,Footer:
>>   for j=LeftEdge,LeftMargin,Text,RightMargin,RightEdge:
>>    draw Field[i][j] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5pt;
>>   endfor;
>>  endfor;
>> StopPage;
>> setbounds currentpicture to Field[Text][Text] ;
>>\stopusableMPgraphic
>>
>>I can find no references of Field anywhere, not in s-mag-01, nor in any
>>files in my texmf tree, nor in documentation, ...
>>
>>Huh?
>>
>Hi,
>See metapost\context\base\mp-page.mp
>and the manuel metafun-s.pdf, pages 282 and following
>
>  Seb.

* Re: Stumped on Field
@ 2003-09-02 16:41 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-02 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

<darnold@northcoast.com> writes:

> In s-mag-01.tex, I am completely baffled by:
>
> \startusableMPgraphic{text}
>  StartPage ;
>   for i=Header,Text,Footer:
>    for j=LeftEdge,LeftMargin,Text,RightMargin,RightEdge:
>     draw Field[i][j] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5pt;
>    endfor;
>   endfor;
>  StopPage;
>  setbounds currentpicture to Field[Text][Text] ;
> \stopusableMPgraphic

Besides the already mentioned metafun manual, there is (on this
topic) a small illustration at

http://levana.de/context/layout/page.pdf

Patrick