From: David Arnold <darnold@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: MetaPost with etex/btex
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:47:06 -0800	[thread overview]

Hmmm,...

I haven't tried this sort of thing for a while, so I downloaded the new
beta into my Miktex system, regenerated formats, and attempted to compile
the code below. I got the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \global \loadfontfileoncetrue
                                 %
! You can't use a prefix with `\shipout'.
<to be read again>
                   \shipout
l.2 \shipout
            \hbox{\smash{\hbox{\hbox{% line 226 C:\temp\junk-mpgraph.mp
[1] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)

I have write18 enabled in miktex.ini, and adjusted cont-sys.tex:

% Enabling run time \METAPOST\ (also enable \write18 in
% texmf.cnf):

\runMPgraphicstrue
\runMPTEXgraphicstrue

% This saves some runtime, but needs a format, which you can
% make with 'texexec --make --alone metafun'. Make sure that
% the mem files are moved to the used web2c path (locate with
% 'kpsewhich plain.mem').

\useMETAFUNformattrue

% Enabling nested pretty printing:

\newprettytrue

% This can be a way to get things working on system with
% name clashes. (Some \TeX's tend do search system wide.)

\protectbufferstrue

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?