* startyping modification
@ 2004-10-30 19:03 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-10-30 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I have:

\starttyping
y = x.^2 -2*x - 3
\stoptyping

I'd like, just this one time, to typeset this so it fall in the middle of
the page, with a slightly enlarged fontsize.

What's the best way to do this?

* Re: startyping modification
@ 2004-10-31 12:02 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-10-31 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello David,

> \starttyping
> y = x.^2 -2*x - 3
> \stoptyping
>
> I'd like, just this one time, to typeset this so it fall in the middle of
> the page, with a slightly enlarged fontsize.

What is "the middle of the page"? centered vertically and
horizontally?

If only horizontal alignment: use

\startalignment[middle]
\starttyping
y = x.^2 -2*x - 3
\stoptyping
\stopalignment

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: startyping modification
@ 2004-10-31 17:57   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2004-10-31 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick,

Thanks. Yes, I just want to align horizontally on the page.

In my preamble, I have:

\setuptyping
[before={\startframedtext[width=\makeupwidth,
      background=screen,
      backgroundscreen=0.8]},
  after={\stopframedtext},
  color=darkred]

Later in the document I have:

\startalignment[middle]
\switchtobodyfont[big]
\starttyping
y = x.^2 -2*x - 3
\stoptyping
\stopalignment

However, the \setuptyping seems to override here, as the verbatim text is
not centered horizontally.

Can you help?