* How to Define a Library
@ 1999-11-10  8:01 Marc van Dongen
From: Marc van Dongen @ 1999-11-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Group,

Could somebody help me with the following please?

I am trying to define a CONTEXT library as suggested
by an example sent to me by Hans Hagen:

%D \module
%D   [       file=m-xypic,
%D        version=1997.01.15,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Extra Modules,
%D       subtitle=\XYPIC\ Connections,
%D         author=Hans Hagen,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]
[snip]
\input xy
\xyoption{all}
\endinput

I created a file called m-marcpdf.tex. Added a suitable
header to it by changing the m-xypic to m-marcpdf and
changing the \input and some other small modifications.
I then tried to include it in another file with the
\usemodule[marcpdf] command. But that's where texexec ran into
troubles:

system         : no macros found in m-marcpdf
system         : no macros found in s-marcpdf
system         : no macros found in p-marcpdf

I also tried to put m-marcpdf.tex as well as the file
it was trying to include in tex/context/base in my
TETEX distribution but without much luck.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some documentation on
how to do this?

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
     Marc van Dongen, CS Dept | phone:   +353 21 903578
University College Cork, NUIC | Fax:     +353 21 903113
  College Road, Cork, Ireland | Email: dongen@cs.ucc.ie

* Re: How to Define a Library
@ 1999-11-10  9:29 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-11-10  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Marc> Dear Group, Could somebody help me with the following
    Marc> please?

    Marc> system : no macros found in m-marcpdf

The message is slightly misleading, context is actually trying

   m-marcpd.tex

You need to make sure that your files have at most 8 chars in their
name because of backward compatibility with MS-DOS. If you don't like
such a really short name to be keyed in by the user (in this case also
you), you can define a filename synonym like this:

\definefilesynonym [marcpdf] [marcpd]

(first arg is the new name, second arg is the at most 6 chars from the
real filename)

greetings, taco

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* Re: How to Define a Library
@ 1999-11-10 21:43   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-10 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dongen, ntg-context

At 09:29 AM 11/10/99 +0000, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>   m-marcpd.tex
>
>You need to make sure that your files have at most 8 chars in their
>name because of backward compatibility with MS-DOS. If you don't like
>such a really short name to be keyed in by the user (in this case also
>you), you can define a filename synonym like this:
>
>\definefilesynonym [marcpdf] [marcpd]
>
>(first arg is the new name, second arg is the at most 6 chars from the
>real filename)

The m- p- and s- prefixes are reserved. I will add u- for user modules
soon. So, be prepared to change this name later, or, use enviroments:

\environment u-marcpdf.tex

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE