* AW: AW: Two more questions
@ 1999-11-12 13:19 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 1999-11-12 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Did you enable interaction by state=start?
> By default, context does reset a form
> (otherwise acrobat has troubles with unitiated
> fields). Also, the default is to go to the first page.

> openaction={firstpage,ResetForm}

> You can do a grep in the pdf file on resetform to check this.

> Hans

Hi Hans,

I play with following file to get a field with the current date:
(my first try with JS)

\setupoutput [pdftex]
\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
\setupinteraction[state=start,
color=red,
openaction=ResetForm,
closeaction=ExitViewer]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=max]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\startJScode{Datum}
  { this.d = new Date();
    event.value = util.printd("dd. mmmm yyyy", d); }
\stopJScode
\setupfield [DatumSetup] [frame=off,width=8cm,height=7mm,validate=JS(Datum)]
\definefield [datum] [line] [DatumSetup]
\starttext
today is the: \raise-2.2mm\hbox{\field[datum]}

\goto{Reset}[ResetForm]
\stoptext

when i open the pdf with acrobat reader the field is empty.
i must click on the link with the same reference
or fill something in the field and press enter.
with acrobat exchange i found no openaction in the pdf.
is there a smarter way to define such a date field?

Lutz

* Re: AW: AW: Two more questions
@ 1999-11-12 15:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-12 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>I play with following file to get a field with the current date:
>(my first try with JS)
>
>\setupoutput [pdftex]
>\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
>\setupinteraction[state=start,
>color=red,
>openaction=ResetForm,
>closeaction=ExitViewer]
>\setupinteractionscreen[option=max]
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\startJScode{Datum}
>  { this.d = new Date();
>    event.value = util.printd("dd. mmmm yyyy", d); }
>\stopJScode
>\setupfield [DatumSetup] [frame=off,width=8cm,height=7mm,validate=JS(Datum)]
>\definefield [datum] [line] [DatumSetup]
>\starttext
>today is the: \raise-2.2mm\hbox{\field[datum]}
>
>\goto{Reset}[ResetForm]
>\stoptext
>
>when i open the pdf with acrobat reader the field is empty.
>i must click on the link with the same reference
>or fill something in the field and press enter.
>with acrobat exchange i found no openaction in the pdf.
>is there a smarter way to define such a date field?

\setupoutput [pdftex]

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   color=red,
   openaction=ResetForm,
   closeaction=ExitViewer]

\setupinteractionscreen
  [option=max]

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

\startJSpreamble {Initialize} used now
  function SetDate (name)
    { this.d = new Date() ;
      v = this.getField(name) ;
      if (v) { v.value = util.printd("dd. mmmm yyyy", d) } }
  SetDate ("date") ;
\stopJSpreamble

\setupfield
  [DatumSetup]
  [frame=off,width=8cm,height=4ex]

\definefield
  [date] [line] [DatumSetup]

\starttext

today is the: \lower1ex\hbox{\field[date]}

\goto{Reset}[ResetForm]

\goto{Set}[JS(SetDate{date})]

\stoptext

As you can see, context picks up the function from the preamble automatically. Saves you some typing.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE