* tug2000
@ 1999-11-12 16:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-12 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm going to write a proposal for eurotex 2000 (uk) concerning pdftex and context and new things and basics and crazy things and funny things and ... for a whole day. Than and I will do the main topics, but I'm thinking of some intermezzo presentations. There are some users on this list playing with fields and javascripts etc, so there is a big potential to fill in these intermezzo's. Is anyone interested in this? What I have in mind is a real show that not only shows the best of pdftex, but also of context and also of things to come. State of the art presentations and so on. Since I'm convinced that Thanh's pdftex saved tex from a painful death, I think pdftex (and thanh too) deserves such a show! At eurotex, I made some 6 presentation styles to suit the nts presentation, and somehow I like the idea of such a orchestrated running show.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: tug2000
@ 1999-11-12 18:25   ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-11-12 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> I'm going to write a proposal for eurotex 2000 (uk) concerning
> pdftex and context and new things and basics and crazy things and
> funny things and ... for a whole day.

I hope I can make it!

> Than and I will do the main topics, but I'm thinking of some
> intermezzo presentations. There are some users on this list playing
> with fields and javascripts etc, so there is a big potential to fill
> in these intermezzo's. Is anyone interested in this? What I have in
> mind is a real show that not only shows the best of pdftex, but also
> of context and also of things to come. State of the art
> presentations and so on.

Do you mean that you would like people to help you make little
examples for the points you will discuss, or are you looking for
documents that people are making with context and using in everyday
life? ... or something else?

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: tug2000
@ 1999-11-15 11:36     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-15 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen, ntg-context

At 01:25 PM 11/12/99 -0500, Ed L. Cashin wrote:

>Do you mean that you would like people to help you make little
>examples for the points you will discuss, or are you looking for
>documents that people are making with context and using in everyday
>life? ... or something else?

Indeed. 15 minute intermezzo's in the main stream talk where users of context and pdftex can show their best and nicest documents. At eurotex 99 matthew baker for instance showed and explained a document that had interactive graphics with thousands of hyperareas. Things like that.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: tug2000
@ 1999-11-12 20:36 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-12 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Since I'm convinced that Thanh's pdftex saved tex from a
> painful death, I think pdftex (and thanh too) deserves such a
> show!

AGREED!! Thanks to pdf I can write my documents in TeX and still all others
in the team can read it. This was impossible with dvi. And I'm not even
talking about cross document linking and such.

But I only create serious documents, so I cannot be of any help here )-:

Groetjes,

Berend. (-: