* problem with \textreference
@ 1999-11-15 13:40 Marc van Dongen
From: Marc van Dongen @ 1999-11-15 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I am having problems with one particulare use of
\textreference in combination with \goto which does
not display the ``clickable'' text argument of \goto.
[Other textreferences and gotos work fine.]

However, afeter

  \textreference[Source]%
  {\noindent\goto{Goto Target}[Target]}
\page[yes]
  \textreference[Target]%
  {\noindent\goto{Goto Source}[Source]}

The texts ``Goto Target'' and ``goto Source'' do not
appear in the text of the document. Funilly enough
(I've tested this in a similare construct) the hypertarget
for ``Target'' is created, i.e. clicking on a link to
Target will go to the location where ``Goto Source''
should have appeared. Is there anything that I can do
in order to make this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
     Marc van Dongen, CS Dept | phone:   +353 21 903578
University College Cork, NUIC | Fax:     +353 21 903113
  College Road, Cork, Ireland | Email: dongen@cs.ucc.ie

* Re: problem with \textreference
@ 1999-11-15 14:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-15 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:40 PM 11/15/99 +0000, Marc van Dongen wrote:

>  \textreference[Source]%
>  {\noindent\goto{Goto Target}[Target]}
>\page[yes]
>  \textreference[Target]%
>  {\noindent\goto{Goto Source}[Source]}

Hm. This a rather strange case: you define a text reference, which is just a tag, ending up in the tui/tuo file, so actually, you're typesetting nothing. You probably mean to say:

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\noindent \pagereference[Source]\goto{Goto Target}[Target]

\page[yes]

\noindent \pagereference[Target]\goto{Goto Source}[Source]

\stoptext

BTW, using %'s is seldom needed in a context document.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE