* How to suppress captions in a single figure
@ 1999-11-19  5:38 Thomas Porter
From: Thomas Porter @ 1999-11-19  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am creating a presentation where I pull in TeX source using \typefile and
then want to import a scaled down version of the PDF output to show how it all
looks.  I have used \placefigure, but get a numbered caption for the included
figure.  Can I suppress captions and figure numbering for a single figure, or
should I just use \setupcaptions at the start of the presentation and not have
any figures numbered?

PS.  ConTeXt is _way_ cool!

--
Tom Porter                                       txporter@mindspring.com
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],

* Re: How to suppress captions in a single figure
@ 1999-11-19  6:04 ` Tony Keating
From: Tony Keating @ 1999-11-19  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Thomas Porter <txporter@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I am creating a presentation where I pull in TeX source using \typefile and
> then want to import a scaled down version of the PDF output to show how it all
> looks.  I have used \placefigure, but get a numbered caption for the included
> figure.  Can I suppress captions and figure numbering for a single figure, or
> should I just use \setupcaptions at the start of the presentation and not have
> any figures numbered?

Thomas, two options that I can see (Hans will probably show you something a
lot simplier tho'!)..

1. For the figure that you don't want a caption or number, just use

\externalfigure[figfile]...

i.e. don't put it in a float. But, if you want to put it in a float..

2. Surround the float with \setupcaptions commands (you can probably use
\setupcaption someone to set a single caption but I don't know how)

i.e.

\setupcaptions[number=no]     % no figure numbers
\placefigure[here][keyword]   % place the figure in a float
{Caption goes here}
{\externalfigure[figfile]}
\setupcaptions[number=yes]    % figure numbers back on

This should work. :)

Hope that helps,
Tony.

--
Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> [http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/~tonyk]
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA

* Re: How to suppress captions in a single figure
@ 1999-11-19 21:23   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-19 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Thomas Porter, ntg-context

I'm not sure if this mail was answered:

>\setupcaptions[number=no]     % no figure numbers
>\placefigure[here][keyword]   % place the figure in a float
>{Caption goes here}
>{\externalfigure[figfile]}
>\setupcaptions[number=yes]    % figure numbers back on

\placefigure{none}{\externalfigure[...]}

places a figure without caption

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE