* difficulties with \presentationstep
@ 1999-12-01  8:27 Michael A. Guravage
From: Michael A. Guravage @ 1999-12-01  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At the end of his article on "TeX as presentation tool" in MAPS 23, Hans
describes how to use the \presentationstep macro. I wrote a toy example to try
it, but the resulting document does not exhibit the expected behaviour, i.e.
nothing is covered. Interestingly, the last line of output from texexec  was
`b/e error in : step'; step.tex being the name of my input file.

Finally, Acrobat4 displays the following message when the document is opened:

	There was an error opening this document.
	There was a problem reading this document (14).

I would be grateful to hear if anyone else has experienced this, and even more grateful if someone would suggest how I might correct it.

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. For completeness sake, here is the text of my toy example:

% interface=en
\usemodule[pre-01]
\usemodule[pre-general]
\autopresentationsteptrue
\TitlePage {Slowly We Turn}
  \Topic {presentationstep}
  \startitemize
    \item moe
    \item larry
    \item curly-joe
  \stopitemize
\presentationstep
\startformula
  x+5y+10z+25u+50v=100
\stopformula
\presentationstep
\stoptext

--
Michael A. Guravage            Email: guravage@nlr.nl
National Aerospace Laboratory  Phone: +31 (0)20 511 3695

* Re: difficulties with \presentationstep
@ 1999-12-01 12:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:27 AM 12/1/99 +0100, Michael A. Guravage wrote:

texexec  was
>`b/e error in : step'; step.tex being the name of my input file.

That's due to your missing \starttext

>Finally, Acrobat4 displays the following message when the document is opened:
>
>	There was an error opening this document.
>	There was a problem reading this document (14).

Hm. When you use texexec, after multiple runs (to sort our object refs btw)
the file should be pretty valid.

>I would be grateful to hear if anyone else has experienced this, and even
more grateful if someone would suggest how I might correct it.

I wrote this step hack for taco some time ago. It should be hooked into the
styles more comfortable yet.

% interface=en

\usemodule[pre-green]

\definereference
  [Whatever][JS(NextPresentation{\realfolio})]
\setupbackgrounds
  [text][text]
  [background=TextBackground,backgroundoffset=3pt,]
\setupframedtexts
  [presentationshield]
  [background=color,backgroundcolor=Page]

\enablepresentationstep \autopresentationsteptrue

\starttext

\TitlePage {Slowly We Turn}

\Topic {presentationstep}

\startitemize
  \item moe
  \item larry
  \item curly-joe
\stopitemize

\startformula
  x+5y+10z+25u+50v=100
\stopformula

\stoptext

This should work with your beta. The define and set will go into the style,
since the idea is that you say:

  texexec --mode=step   %  or autostep

and get the functionality (modes are just pieces of conditional code). I
have to redefine the styles a bit and give the step thing a separate layer
in the background.

I never thought that anyone would use this stepper -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE