* Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-01 20:44 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-12-01 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

If there is a macro in a chapter name, \placebookmarks gives errors. I know
what happens and almost what to do: have an [expansion=yes] somewhere, but
where?

I tried things like:

\setupmarking[bookmarks][expansion=yes]

but that didn't work.

Who knows the right trick?

BTW, I thought this worked flawlessly in the past, but I might remember that
wronly.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-03  9:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-03  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:44 PM 12/1/99 +0100, Berend de Boer wrote:
>If there is a macro in a chapter name, \placebookmarks gives errors. I know

Any macro?

>what happens and almost what to do: have an [expansion=yes] somewhere, but
>where?

In bookmarks expansion=yes can be dangerous.

One can also say:

\chapter{Some very long \and\ tricky \something}

\bookmark{Something tricky}

In which case the second entry is used as bookmark instead of the chapter
one.

Can you provide me with the smallest non working sample?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-03 22:00   ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-12-03 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can you provide me with the smallest non working sample?

Easy:

-----------------------
% interface=en output=pdftex

\setupinteraction
        [state=start]

\placebookmarks[chapter][open list]

\starttext

\chapter{Hello \ConTeXt}

\stoptext
---------------------------

The error is:

----------------------------
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=1500].
\pp!doifinstringelse #1chapter#2#3\war ->
                                         \csname if\if #2@fals\else tru\fi
e...

\p!doifinstringelse ...stringelse ##1#1##2##3\war
                                                  {\csname if\if
##2@fals\el...

\doifinstringelse ...else \@EA {\@@@instring }{#2}
                                                  #3\else #4\fi
\doifCMRfontelse ... \next {#1}} {\def \next {#2}}
                                                  \next
\ConTeXt ->C\CMRkern
                     -.0333emo\CMRkern -.0333emn\CMRkern -.0333em\TeX
\CMRke...

\doonespecial ...kmarklevelcount }{Hello \ConTeXt
                                                  }{1}{\openbookmark }\relax
l.6 \placebookmarks[chapter][open list]

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on test.log.

And of course I run the latest bugs.

@ 1999-12-04 23:34     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-04 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:00 PM 12/3/99 +0100, Berend de Boer wrote:
>> Can you provide me with the smallest non working sample?
>
>Easy:
>
>-----------------------
>% interface=en output=pdftex
>
>\setupinteraction
>        [state=start]
>
>\placebookmarks[chapter][open list]
>
>\starttext
>
>\chapter{Hello \ConTeXt}
>
>\stoptext
>---------------------------
>
>The error is:

I see. Use pdfetex and the error disappears. I'll see if I can make it pure
tex robust too. (it has to do with expansion).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-04 23:47     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-04 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:00 PM 12/3/99 +0100, Berend de Boer wrote:
>> Can you provide me with the smallest non working sample?

In spec-fdf, change:

\long\def\sanitizePDFdocencoding#1\to#2%
  {\enablePDFcrlf
   \enablePDFdocencoding
   \honorunexpanded % added,
   \edef#2{#1}}

This is probably one of the few places where expansion is taken care of
this way.

Hans

PS. Since this has always been so I suppose you used pdfetex until now?

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-06  9:06       ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-12-06  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I see. Use pdfetex and the error disappears. I'll see if I
> can make it pure
> tex robust too. (it has to do with expansion).

I've been using pdfetex for at least a year (and maybe more), but I used
teTex 1.06 on that particular system, so maybe it's a `bug' in an older
version:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1)

I try to upgrade (for me you don't have to make it work with tex also).

@ 1999-12-07 10:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-07 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: berend, ntg-context

At 04:45 PM 12/4/99 +0800, leiwang@btamail.net.cn wrote:

>This sample file run without error for me. just
>the "Hello \ConTeXt" in bookmarks appear to
>" Hello C\CMRkern-.0333emo\CMRkern -.0333emn\CMRkern -.0333em\"
>I think it must be PDF bookmarks can not cooper with
>the TeX command since I change the \ConTeXt to ConTeXt
>the bookmarks is correctly displayed.

if you say:

\abbreviation {ConTeXt} {Con\TeX t}

you get better results. The default \ConTeXt command is defined rather low
level.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Macro's in chapter names and \placebookmarks
@ 1999-12-04  8:45 leiwang
From: leiwang @ 1999-12-04  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Berend de Boer wrote:

> > Can you provide me with the smallest non working sample?
>
> Easy:
>
> -----------------------
> % interface=en output=pdftex
>
> \setupinteraction
>         [state=start]
>
> \placebookmarks[chapter][open list]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Hello \ConTeXt}
>
> \stoptext
> -----------------

This sample file run without error for me. just
the "Hello \ConTeXt" in bookmarks appear to
" Hello C\CMRkern-.0333emo\CMRkern -.0333emn\CMRkern -.0333em\"
I think it must be PDF bookmarks can not cooper with
the TeX command since I change the \ConTeXt to ConTeXt
the bookmarks is correctly displayed.

Wang

Mr. Wang Lei                      Phone: 86-10-62616670
Institute of Applied Mathematics  Email: leiwang@btamail.net.cn
Chinese Academy of Science        Address: P.O.Box 2734, Beijing, 100080

»¶Ó­Ê¹Óñ±¾©µç±¨¾ÖµÄÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÓʼþϵͳ!
 http://btamail.net.cn  or http://mail.bta.net.cn