* annotated presentations and summaries
@ 1999-12-28 16:15 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-12-28 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've written a few extensions that can be handy for presentations.

One can add code like:

\startpagecomment
  When discussing this, I should not forget to mention that
  this presentation is not made in powerpoint and therefore
  does not look that fancy.
\stoppagecomment

Normally this code is ignored. When running texexec with the command line
switch --mode=comment, these notes are typeset, in such a way that they
don't interfere (that much) with the layout. [When I've used it a few
times, I may add some features.] Actually, the comment is put in the paper
background (not to be confused with the page background). One can also
enable such comments with

\setuppagecomment[state=start]

The second feature concerns yet another way of postprocessing pages. When
one says something like:

\setuppapersize
  [A4][A4] % or [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout
  [header=0pt,
   footer=1cm,
   backspace=1cm,
   topspace=1cm,
   width=middle,
   height=middle]

\setupfootertexts
  [presentation---\currentdate\space---\space\pagenumber]

\starttext
  \combinepages[somefile][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]
\stoptext

This will give you a summary of a presentation. More handy is however:

texexec --pdfcombine somefile

(optional switches are the papersize, pageoffset and n*m matrix).

When using an older version of pdftex one should also specify the number of
pages, like n=20; Han The Thanh kindly extended pdftex to provide the
number of pages in a pdf file, so this can be a reason for updating. For
the moment, texexec can sort it out itself, but that will be removed later,
so that I will rely on pdftex completely.

[There are a few more --pdf... options, like --pdfcopy --scale=.90 and so,
which is handy when printing on a device that cuts off the page boundaries)

Hans

PS. There are some 6 new english chapters waiting for me to be checked, so
I will post some new manual stuff soon.

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
From owner-ntg-context@let.uu.nl  Sun Jan  2 20:56:10 2000
From: "Grzegorz Sapijaszko" <sapi@ldhpux.immt.pwr.wroc.pl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Sender: owner-ntg-context@let.uu.nl
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:53:48 +0100
Subject: problem with \startlines

Hi Hans et all,

after some times I have problem with \startlines \stoplines:

! Argument of \doconvertargument has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   }
\dobetweenthelines ...next \to \!!stringa
                                          \convertargument \obeyedlin...
<to be read again>
l.46 p
      ierwsza linia

And, I think -- after pdftex update, some png and jpg figures gives a
error:

floatblocks    : 4 placed
resolution read from image <./wow05.png>
figures        : dimensions of ./wow05.png loaded from figurefile itself
! Dimension too large.
\convertfigureinsertscale ...hdimen =#3pt
                                          \divide \scratchdimen by \!...
\calculateexternalfigure ...figxsca \scax
                                          \convertfigureinsertscale \...
\dodoplaceexternalfigure ...3][#4][#5][#6]
                                          \setupexternalfigures \calc...
\doifundefinedelse ...st \doprocesstest #2
                                          \else \let \donottest \dopr...
\doifelse ...stringa \!!stringb #3\else #4
                                          \fi
\doexternalfigure ...rnalfigure {#1}[#2]}}
                                          \egroup
l.69 ...\externalfigure[wow05][width=4cm]}

?

and the image is includen without scalling.

Greetings,
Grzesiek

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-12-28 16:15 UTC | newest]