At 04:10 PM 1/13/2000 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote: >shading. Is it possible to access with MP and/or direct writting the PS-3 / >PDF-1.3 shading operator? (I think I once saw an exaple, probably for testing GS >(due in a few weeks, current is 5.99-fix1). You wouldn't ask if you wouldn't know if it was possible, would you? Actually, this is already half a year old stuff. I attached the file, so that you (and others) can test it; you need acrobat 4 or gs>5.50 or so. >Second problem: Since the names (should) cover the complete colour-pane, arrows >are currently drawn from the name to the percental position on the right edge. >How can this best achived? >(I'll use a PERL-Script, which reads the name and %-value, so I can do quite >some calculation in it.) Take a look at the support module I'll send you. It's just a matter of defining a few MPgraphics. It is not finished, since matthew baker will first have to work out some decent arbitrary shading schemes (for which I lack the math basics). These are only simple shades. >PS: I think if I've done this, I can ship a complete evaluation/ranking script >package for university departments (web interface, fill-out forms, etc) ;-) Well. Wrap it into an article and taco will certainly publish it in the maps. Hans