* Re: problem with \startlines
       [not found] <200001021954.UAA07802@ldhpux.immt.pwr.wroc.pl>
@ 2000-01-02 23:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-02 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

>after some times I have problem with \startlines \stoplines:

Can you send me a small test file showing the problem? It more looks like
you've forgotten some ] of } somewhere.

>And, I think -- after pdftex update, some png and jpg figures gives a
>error:
>
>floatblocks    : 4 placed
>resolution read from image <./wow05.png>
>figures        : dimensions of ./wow05.png loaded from figurefile itself
>! Dimension too large.

What are the dimensions? You can check it with texutil --fig *.png and look
into texutil.tuf.

You can try to set \traceexternalfigurestrue and see what context reports.
Maybe indeed your png is problematic.

Pretty low level you can try: \pdfimage{wow05.png} and see what happens then.

>and the image is includen without scalling.

When using pdtex, context always includes the image at 100% as an xform,
and then scales that form. This is related to object reuse as well as the
fact that in pdf by up/down scaling on forehand one can loose precission.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2000-01-13 21:08 ` Grzegorz Sapijaszko
From: Grzegorz Sapijaszko @ 2000-01-13 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia 3 Jan 00, Hans Hagen pisal:

> >after some times I have problem with \startlines \stoplines:
>
> Can you send me a small test file showing the problem? It more looks
> like you've forgotten some ] of } somewhere.

After reinstalling MikTeX all is working correctly.

> >And, I think -- after pdftex update, some png and jpg figures gives a
> > error:
> >
> >floatblocks    : 4 placed
> >resolution read from image <./wow05.png>
> >figures        : dimensions of ./wow05.png loaded from figurefile
> >itself
> >! Dimension too large.

The same is corrected for figures.

> What are the dimensions? You can check it with texutil --fig *.png and
> look into texutil.tuf.

FYI: The dimmension was ca 350x250 pixels

Thanks,
Grzesiek
--
Była raz gąska w Nysie,
co chciała iść na spacer w lisie.

* Re: problem with \startlines
@ 2000-01-13 21:52   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-13 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:08 PM 1/13/2000 +0100, Grzegorz Sapijaszko wrote:

>FYI: The dimmension was ca 350x250 pixels

Concerning resolution, it makes sense to set the default resolution in
pdftex.cfg to 300, otherwise pdftex will take 72 as default when the
resolution is unknown. I will add a parameter to the external figure setup
some day soon.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE