* Odd MP/context problems
@ 2000-01-15 22:46 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-01-15 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I got an odd error with metapost/Context using several

\startrunMPgraphic{foo}
\startrunMPgraphic
\useMPgraphicA{foo}

it worked rather well until one MP definition made problems. I tried to trace
the problem down using a different source and after a while (I think the code
was identical) the problem went away. Now I tried to delete the m* files and
re-run. This time pdfetex stopped after the fourth MP object (before the big
deletion I didn't stopp, but the output of the 31th or so MP was wrong (too far
shifted to the left)), after manually running mpost mpgraphic I got
mpgraph.1..5, but then it stopped again with this message:
----------------------
(./mpgraph.4)
Gleitobjektblo : 4 plaziert
Abbildungen    : Dimensionen von ./mpgraph.5 geladen aus der Abbildungsdatei se
lbst
[MP color conversion ./mpgraph.5
\openout0 = `metacmyk.tmp'.

 not needed]
\openout0 = `metacmyk.tmp'.

 [MP to PDF ./mpgraph.5]
(./mpgraph.5)
Gleitobjektblo : 5 plaziert
[flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards] [1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvi
ps/config/pdftex.map}]
beginfig(6);
verbatimtex \setupbodyfont [ams,ss,9pt] etex
 sv := 2.2;
----------------------
What does this `flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards' mean? (write18 is
enabled, but mpost is
called after pdfetex is finished, if I interprete the output of `texexec test`
correct.)

You can find the two (ugly) files at:
http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/test.tex
http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/evaluation.tex

(note: the file test.dvi in the same directory has only a far relation to
test.tex, since it is created by LaTeX.)

* RE: Odd MP/context problems
@ 2000-01-17  6:23 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-01-17  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What does this `flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards'
> mean? (write18 is
> enabled, but mpost is
> called after pdfetex is finished, if I interprete the output
> of `texexec test`
> correct.)

Do you have

	\runMPgraphicstrue

somehwere? (in your cont-sys.tex for example).

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Odd MP/context problems
@ 2000-01-17  8:27   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-01-17  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'NTG-ConTeXt'

Hi Berend,

> Do you have
>         \runMPgraphicstrue
> somehwere? (in your cont-sys.tex for example).
Not until now. (Somehow the MP stuff works now :-)

Now I have only to change the layout :-)

Tobias

* Re: Odd MP/context problems
@ 2000-01-17  8:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-17  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

At 11:46 PM 1/15/2000 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>What does this `flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards' mean? (write18 is
>enabled, but mpost is
>called after pdfetex is finished, if I interprete the output of `texexec
test`
>correct.)

There are two methods: either run MP runtime or run it afterwards. In the
first case, in pdf mode, there is only one mpgraph input/output file, since
it is includer at once. Graphics are collected in one file which will
produce many output files (graphics). Normally texexec is able to determine
how to act upon it, so normally texexec will run mp for you. (That is, when
you have set up texutil in the right way -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE