* A rather long flow chart
@ 2000-01-17 21:23 Egger
From: Egger @ 2000-01-17 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

At the moment I try to get the slaughter-process for pigs into a flow chart.
This process involves 32 steps, wherein two procedures are included. At the
point, where the procedures are used, I need to use three columns.
Until tonoight I am able to have 15 steps correctly compiled. When I try to
add the step 16, which in fact is just one connection from bottom to top to
the next action-box Metapost gives again or still the already earlier
mentioned error:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2c 7.3)
>> unknown boolean xyfree0 17
! Not implemented: not(unknown boolean).
<to be read again>
                   and
points_initialized->...xyfree[(EXPR2)][(EXPR3)]and

.not.xyfree[(EXPR4)][(EXPR...

connect_top_bottom->...EXPR0),yfrom,(EXPR3),yto,6)

:xypoints[1]:=xy_top((EXPR...

connect_bottom_top->...))((EXPR0),(EXPR1),(EXPR2))
                                                  ;
l.321 connect_bottom_top(1,15,0) (0,0,0)
                                         ;
?

Might there be a buffer, which I must make bigger? -

For the ones who might be interested in the slaughter-proces of who want to
help me solve the problem I include the file in question: 'test.tex'.

Thanks for your assistance.

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

\mainlanguage[nl]
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\usemodule[units]
\usemodule[chart]

\setupbodyfont[ber,phv,ss,16pt]
% A4, Helvetica 10pt
\setuppapersize[A4]
%\setuparranging[doublesided,rotated]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, location={header,marginedge}]
\setupbodyfont[ber,phv,ss,10pt] %Helvetica

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Setup chart environment %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\setupFLOWcharts
   [nx= 3,
    ny= 100,
    dx=2\bodyfontsize,
    dy=2\bodyfontsize,
    width=12\bodyfontsize,
    height=7\bodyfontsize,
    maxwidth=\textwidth]

\setupFLOWsplit
	[nx=3,
	 ny=7,
	 dx=1,
	 dy=1,
	 before=,
	 after=\page,
	 marking=off]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Put flow chart elements %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\startFLOWchart[schonehal]

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{klieven1}
	\location {1,1}
	\shape{action}
	\connection[b,t]{klieven2}
	\text{Klieven buik en bekken}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{klieven1com}
	\location {2,1}
	\shape{none}
	\text{Mannelijk:\\ lossnijden, verwijderen penis}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{klieven2}
	\location {1,2}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Klieven buik en borstbeen, nek, bek}
	\connection[b,t]{darmboor}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{darmboor}
	\location {1,3}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Sluiten anus met darmboor}
	\connection[b,t]{enddarm}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{enddarm}
	\location {1,4}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Endeldarm naar buiten}
	\connection[b,t]{darmpakket}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{darmpakket}
	\location {1,5}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Darmpaket verwijderen}
	\connection[b,t]{resporg1}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{darmpakketcom}
	\location {2,5}
	\shape{none}
	\text{Bij nieren loshalen\\Maag bij slokdarm lossnijden}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{resporg1}
	\location {1,6}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Midderif lossnijden\\resp. organen naar buiten}
	\connection[b,t]{resporg2}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{resporg2}
	\location {1,7}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Slokdarm, luchtpijp t.m. tong uitsnijden}
	\connection[b,t]{hakmachine}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{resporg2com}
	\location {2,7}
	\shape{none}
	\text{Mede tonsillen uitsnijden}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{hakmachine}
	\location {1,8}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Hakmachines (2)}
	\connection[b,t]{nierschillen}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{nierschillen}
	\location {1,9}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Nieren uit kapsel halen}
	\connection[b,t]{keuring}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{keuring}
	\location {1,10}
	\shape{procedure}
	\text{Keuring van karkassen en organen}
	\connection[b,t]{karkasskeur}
	\connection[r,l]{organkeur}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{organkeur}
	\location {2,10}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Hart insnijden\\Lever\\Long beoordelen}
	\connection[b,t]{orgaandelen1}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{karkasskeur}
	\location {1,11}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Keuring karkassen}
	\connection[b,t]{bijwerken1}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{orgaandelen1}
	\location {2,11}
	\shape{procedure}
	\text{Organen pakett splitsen}
	\connection[b,t]{orgaandelen2}
	\connection[r,l]{orgaandelen3}
	\connection[r,l]{orgaandelen4}
	\connection[r,l]{orgaandelen5}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{orgaandelen3}
	\location {3,11}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Lever\\Galblaas\\ Milt}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{bijwerken1}
	\location {1,12}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Tenen\\Borstvlies\\verwijderen}
	\connection[b,t]{koplos}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{orgaandelen2}
	\location {2,12}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Darmpaket $\rightarrow$ darmwasserij}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{orgaandelen4}
	\location {3,12}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Tong\\Hart\\Middenrif\\Andere grotere vleesstukken}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{koplos}
	\location {1,13}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Kop los $\rightarrow$ rechte helft karkas}
	\connection[b,t]{carpus}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{orgaandelen5}
	\location {3,13}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Tonsillen\\Longen}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{carpus}
	\location {1,14}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Carpaal gewrichten openen}
	\connection[b,t]{bijwerken2}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{bijwerken2}
	\location {1,15}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Steekgat wegsnijden}
   \stopFLOWcell

%\connection[b,t]{bijwerken3}

\stopFLOWchart

%%%%% Tot hier wil die wel!

\startFLOWchart [niet]

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{bjwerken3}
	\location {1,16}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Bloedvlees wegsnijden}
   \stopFLOWcell

%\connection[b,t]{nier}

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{nier}
	\location {1,17}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Nieren uithalen}
   \stopFLOWcell

%\connection[b,t]{reuzel}
%\\Snede reuzel boven middenrif

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{reuzel}
	\location {1,18}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Reuzel trekken}
	\connection[b,t]{zuigen}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{zuigen}
	\location {1,19}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Ruggemerk afzuigen}
	\connection[b,t]{trichines}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{trichines}
	\location {1,20}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Trichines bemonstering}
	\connection[b,t]{schoon1}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{schoon1}
	\location {1,21}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Vet bekken\\Vet borstbeen\\(Ringmes)}
	\connection[b,t]{schoon2}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{schoon2}
	\location {1,22}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Middenrif\\(Ringmes)}
	\connection[b,t]{schoon3}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{schoon3}
	\location {1,23}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Schoonkrabben kliefvlak met 'trechtermes'}
	\connection[b,t]{wissel}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{wissel}
	\location {1,24}
	\shape{decision}
	\text{Opknap bordes of doorloop}
	\connection[b,t]{knoop}
	\connection[r,l]{opknap}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{opknap}
	\location {2,24}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Opknappen}
	\connection[b,r]{knoop}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{knoop}
	\location {1,25}
	\shape{action}
	\connection[b,t]{CBS}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{CBS}
	\location {1,26}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Karkas klassificering CBS}
	\connection[b,t]{wegen}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{wegen}
	\location {1,27}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Wegen\\Korrecties in opdracht CBS\\Oornummers}
	\connection[b,t]{stempelen}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{stempelen}
	\location {1,28}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Keuirngsstempels}
	\connection[b,t]{oormerk}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{oormerk}
	\location {1,29}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Oormerken afsnijden\\Kop los tot aan voorkant kaak}
	\connection[b,t]{klassi}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{klassi}
	\location {1,30}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Karkas klassificatie opdrukken}
	\connection[b,t]{wissel2}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{wissel2}
	\location {1,31}
	\shape{decision}
	\text{Scheiden oponthouders\\Doorloop}
	\connection[b,t]{snelkoel}
	\connection[r,t]{opont}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{snelkoel}
	\location {1,32}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Koelcel-ketting\\Snellkoeling}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{opont}
	\location {2,32}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Oponthouders cel\\Koeling}
   \stopFLOWcell

\stopFLOWchart

\starttext

\FLOWcharts[schonehal]

\stoptext

* Re: A rather long flow chart
@ 2000-01-18  9:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-18  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:23 PM 1/17/2000 +0100, Egger wrote:

>add the step 16, which in fact is just one connection from bottom to top to

A connection should go into a shape and should point to an existing node.
Error recovery is minimal and will be added some day.

Here your whole chart compiles ok. Beware: since buffers are used,

%\stopFLOWchart
%\startFLOWchart

that is, commented lines are read as start and stop, which has to do with
nested buffers. I will catch this in a next release when I have cleaned the
buffer and block move module.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE