* sound tracks
@ 2000-01-22 18:16 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-22 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

In order to make context a bit more hip (to quote Ed), I added support for
sound.

The main reason for this feature was that Thanh wanted to know to what
extend sound was supported. Currently sound is a special case of a movie
annotation, but it does not require the movie plug in. Currently only
external sound files are supported.

  \useexternalsoundtrack [label] [filename]

so,

  \externalsoundtrack [somesound] [test.wav]

is legal.

One can invoke a sound with:

  \goto{start melody}[StartSound{somesound}]

For those unfamiliar with the already old movie mechanism:

  \externalfigure[fancy.mov][label=see me,width=4cm,height=3cm]

and

  \goto{wanna see me}[StartMovie{see me}]

Other actions are Stop.., Pause.. and Resume.. All are actions, so
[action(StartMovie{..}] also works; and, of course, all can be part of a
chain of refs (see 1998-001.pdf):

  \goto {ugh} [somechapter,ResetForm,StartSound{read me}]

Sound support will be avaible in the next (beta) release.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-01-22 18:16 UTC | newest]