* Page break in columns
@ 2000-01-27 17:25 Kei Furuuchi
From: Kei Furuuchi @ 2000-01-27 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
Is there anyway to break a page in columns like latex multicol style
in tools package does in ConTeXt's defineparagraphs procedure?
I noticed a page breaks between columns not inside.

Regards,
Kei.

* Re: Page break in columns
@ 2000-01-31 17:47 Mr. Lei Wang
From: Mr. Lei Wang @ 2000-01-31 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, Kei Furuuchi

Hi,

>>Can it make a line vertical? In Japan, technical publications are done
>>in horizontal, but general literatures are done vertical. The
>
>We're working on that. I cc to Wang Lei. If the two of you can sort out the
>font things and come up with specs, I'll do the macros etc.

Hm, I think it is also typesetting vertical Japanese if we can properly
handle the Chinese, both GBK and Big5. I know little about Japanese,
but I see the GBK and Big5 Chinese include all the Japanese characters, too.
Now for Chinese vertical typesetting, one problem is that the punctuations
are different from those in horizontal. GBK simplified Chinese only have
the punctuations for typesetting horizontal while Big5 traditional Chinese
supply both. another problem is that the typesetting when mixed Chinese(Janpanese,
Korean) with English or other western characters. In this case, the western
characters usually rotated 90(clockwise) in Chinese.

            Mr. Lei Wang
            lwang@amath8.amt.ac.cn

* Re: Page break in columns
@ 2000-02-03 14:24 Mr. Lei Wang
From: Mr. Lei Wang @ 2000-02-03 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>I don't know implimentation about Japanese. But there are japanized
>tex version. I don't remember they are implimented as you mention
>above. I could ask someone. did you distribute above already?

I have not seen the japanese version tex. As I know, some far-eastern
version tex/latex can do vertical typesetting. But they need the special
fonts are used such as CJK package, need a special hbf font to do this
job. Now context impliment Chinese vertical, not satisfied because
some problem mention in last mail and Hans need time to deal with them.
The current version context can do vertical typesetting simplified
Chinese text.

>Also I noticed that as far as mixing languages german as applied in
>format "con-en" is sporadicly changed between roman font and gothic or
>bold font. I convert german into tex format by using "cstocs" perl
>script from latin1, I believe.

            Mr. Lei Wang
            leiwang@btamail.net.cn

[parent not found: <200001311752.CAA00706@yha.att.ne.jp>]