* recent bug in supp-pdf
@ 2000-03-06 17:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-06 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Lutz Haseloff encountered a bug (thanks for reporting) in the mp to pdf
converter concerning including fonts and moveto's. Only acrobat viewers
suffer from this phenomena, which is also slightly random. This showing up
is a result of a change in supp-pdf regarding higher precision and
circumventing unwanted clipping in forms. I repaired the bug, so the new
version will migrate to mirrors within a few days (the impatient can pick
up the latest context). Sorry for the troubles.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: recent bug in supp-pdf
@ 2000-03-06 18:02   ` Ed L. Cashin
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 2000-03-06 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, pdftex

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> Lutz Haseloff encountered a bug (thanks for reporting) in the mp to
> pdf converter concerning including fonts and moveto's. Only acrobat
> viewers suffer from this phenomena, which is also slightly
> random. This showing up is a result of a change in supp-pdf
> regarding higher precision and circumventing unwanted clipping in
> forms. I repaired the bug, so the new version will migrate to
> mirrors within a few days (the impatient can pick up the latest
> context). Sorry for the troubles.

Hi.  What are the specific things we should look for to determine
whether our applications are affected by the bug?  If things are
generally looking fine, are we OK, or should we expect possible
surprises?

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: recent bug in supp-pdf
@ 2000-03-06 18:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-06 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, pdftex

At 01:02 PM 3/6/2000 -0500, Ed L. Cashin wrote:

>Hi.  What are the specific things we should look for to determine
>whether our applications are affected by the bug?  If things are
>generally looking fine, are we OK, or should we expect possible
>surprises?

You can only expect problems when you use fonts in mp files (which I never
do so this is why it went unnoticed -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE