* showencoding doesn't work as expected
@ 2000-03-25 22:41 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-03-25 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

some times ago Hans posted an attempt for Palatino and a simple file to test it:

\setuplayout
  [topspace=1cm,backspace=2cm,
   header=0pt,footer=0pt,height=middle,
   width=middle]

\starttext

\setupbodyfont[cmr,9pt] \showencoding

\setupbodyfont[phv,9pt] \showencoding

\stoptext

(I only changed the second font to helvetica)

But this file doesn't work as expected.  Both encodingtables are in cmr.

It only works, after adding "ss" to the second setupbodyfont [phv,9pt,ss] but
then the encoding shows "texnansi" and not "default"  --  adding of "ec"
changes nothing ...

And "ptr" in place of "phv" changes nothing, too.

What went wrong?

Doesn't it has to be "\switchtobodyfont"???

BTW: I am using "ConTeXt  ver: 2000.3.15"

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: showencoding doesn't work as expected
@ 2000-03-26 15:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-26 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ML

At 11:41 PM 3/25/2000 +0100, Uwe Koloska wrote:

>some times ago Hans posted an attempt for Palatino and a simple file to
test it:

>\starttext
>\setupbodyfont[cmr,9pt] \showencoding
>\setupbodyfont[phv,9pt] \showencoding
>\stoptext
>
>(I only changed the second font to helvetica)
>
>But this file doesn't work as expected.  Both encodingtables are in cmr.

It does work as expected since the running font is still a roman, in this
case the cmr.

>It only works, after adding "ss" to the second setupbodyfont [phv,9pt,ss] but
>then the encoding shows "texnansi" and not "default"  --  adding of "ec"
>changes nothing ...

By default context uses the original filename, which for helvetica is hv
(see font-fil.tex). These are is (tex)ansi encoding. What you want is a
reencoded alternative, i.e. berry naming. So, say:

\setupbodyfont[ber]

On your system there is a file cont-sys.rme that you can copy in
cont-sys.tex in which you can put defaults like these.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE