* bibliography
@ 2000-04-21 15:42 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-04-21 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How do I make it, that references to publication look this
way:
>     In [3Amigos] you'll find more information about UML.
instead of this way:
>     In [4] you'll find more information about UML.

Since a good part of commands about publications as
startpublicatie have no
english counterpart and the english documentation does not give

Taco has written a bibtex++ compatible module for context. I
don't have the pointer at hand [i'm working off site].

Taco?

Hans

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-23 12:36 ` Robert F. Beeger
       [not found]   ` <4.3.0.20000426204204.00aded80@rzdspc1.informatik.uni-hambu rg.de>
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Taco has written a bibtex++ compatible module for context. I
>don't have the pointer at hand [i'm working off site].
>
>Taco?
>
>Hans

Who's Taco and what's bibtex++?
I know of BibTeX, which is a bibliography-package for LaTeX. Is bibtex++ an
extension to BibTeX or something competitive to BibTeX.
Couldn't get my hands on this. A search for BibTeX at lycos gave me 52000
matches and no bibtex++ in the first 100.

I'm still interested in this - in bibtex++ and the ConTeXt compatible module.
So, if someone has some more info about this, I would be glad, if he shared
it with me.

Happy Easter to all of you
    Robert

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-23 20:40   ` Tobias Burnus
       [not found]   ` <4.3.0.20000426204204.00aded80@rzdspc1.informatik.uni-hambu rg.de>
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-04-23 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo Robert,

> >Taco has written a bibtex++ compatible module for context. I
> >don't have the pointer at hand [i'm working off site].

> Who's Taco and what's bibtex++?
Taco Hoekwater wrote the module m-bibtex for ConTeXt and BibTeX++
probably means BibTeX plus some extra LaTeX styles. (For some things,
the bibtex binary is still used with the ConTeXt module m-bibtex)

> I'm still interested in this - in bibtex++ and the ConTeXt compatible module.
> So, if someone has some more info about this, I would be glad, if he shared
> it with me.
See http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/ The source is rather well
documented; note: this module will probably soon included into the main
distribution.

> Happy Easter to all of you
Dito.

Tobias

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-26 14:20     ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-26 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> > I'm still interested in this - in bibtex++ and the ConTeXt compatible
> module.
> > So, if someone has some more info about this, I would be glad, if he shared
> > it with me.
>See http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/ The source is rather well
>documented; note: this module will probably soon included into the main
>distribution.

Thanks! That was the link I needed and the source seems to be more than
only "rather" well documented.

In reading it I found that many lines in m-bib.tex and in many other
ConTeXt-files begin with a %D and themeselves contain TeX-code. I guess
this is a documentation indicator and that there is a possibiliy to make
pdfs containing the documentation from this %D-statements.

After some searching and reading in the ConTeXt-docs I came to the point,
where I downloaded cont-doc.zip, unpacked it and actually am asking myself
how to use it.

Does someone have some hints for me?

Robert

* Re: bibliography
@ 2000-04-26 14:45       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-04-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: burnus, ntg-context

    Robert> After some searching and reading in the ConTeXt-docs I
    Robert> came to the point, where I downloaded cont-doc.zip,
    Robert> unpacked it and actually am asking myself how to use it.

texexec --module m-bib

(or any other context file, but be careful with core-01a...)

Greetings, Taco

* Problems with texexec -module
@ 2000-04-26 18:55         ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-26 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 16:45 26.04.00 +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>     Robert> After some searching and reading in the ConTeXt-docs I
>     Robert> came to the point, where I downloaded cont-doc.zip,
>     Robert> unpacked it and actually am asking myself how to use it.
>
>texexec --module m-bib
>
>(or any other context file, but be careful with core-01a...)
>
>Greetings, Taco

Ok! I copied all the files from m-bibn.zip and cont-doc.zip into a fresh
new directory, ran
texexec -module m-bib
and got

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1) (format=cont-nl
2000.3.11)  26 APR 2000 20:04
entering extended mode
**&cont-nl texexec(texexec.tex[/var/lib/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg]

ConTeXt  ver: 2000.1.31  fmt: 2000.3.11  int: dutch  mes: dutch

and after a while and more process information it ended with

) (modu-mod.tex (setupa.tex (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mult-sys.tex
) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mult-con.tex
) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mult-com.tex
)
setup          : de karakters < en > zijn globaal actief!
) (setupb.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
\!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!stelparagraafnummerenin

\setgvalue #1->\expandafter \gdef \csname #1
                                             \endcsname
<to be read again>
                    {
<to be read again>
                    \doprocesssetup
<to be read again>
                    \number
<to be read again>
                    [
l.4202 \stopsetup

This seems to be a bug in setupb.tex, isn't it?

It's not the fault of m-bib.tex. I tried it with other files and had the
same result.

Greetings
    Robert

* Re: Problems with texexec -module
       [not found]   ` <4.3.0.20000426204204.00aded80@rzdspc1.informatik.uni-hambu rg.de>
@ 2000-04-27  8:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-04-27  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Taco Hoekwater, ntg-context

At 08:55 PM 4/26/2000 +0200, Robert F. Beeger wrote:

>Ok! I copied all the files from m-bibn.zip and cont-doc.zip into a fresh
>new directory, ran
>texexec -module m-bib

>! Undefined control sequence.
>\!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!stelparagraafnummerenin
>

>This seems to be a bug in setupb.tex, isn't it?
>
>It's not the fault of m-bib.tex. I tried it with other files and had the
>same result.

In setupb all context commands are defined in terms of their syntax. This
file is included in the doc zip file and should be in sync with the mult-*
files, since it uses variables defined there. So, you should update to the
latest context (your setupb is now newer that the rest).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Problems with texexec -module
@ 2000-04-28 17:20       ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-04-28 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Don, 27 Apr 2000 wrote the famous Hans Hagen:
>At 08:55 PM 4/26/2000 +0200, Robert F. Beeger wrote:
>
>>Ok! I copied all the files from m-bibn.zip and cont-doc.zip into a fresh
>>new directory, ran
>>texexec -module m-bib
>
>>! Undefined control sequence.
>>\!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!stelparagraafnummerenin
>>

>>This seems to be a bug in setupb.tex, isn't it?
>>
>>It's not the fault of m-bib.tex. I tried it with other files and had the
>>same result.
>
>In setupb all context commands are defined in terms of their syntax. This
>file is included in the doc zip file and should be in sync with the mult-*
>files, since it uses variables defined there. So, you should update to the
>latest context (your setupb is now newer that the rest).

I have discovered the same problem but with a different error message
    ! Undefined control sequence.
    \!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!laag

This happens right after installing a new version of context (2000.4.11)
along with the cont-doc macros downloaded the same time from the same place.

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Again bibliography
@ 2000-04-29 15:38       ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-04-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Taco Hoekwater, ntg-context

AIn setupb all context commands are defined in terms of their syntax. This
>file is included in the doc zip file and should be in sync with the mult-*
>files, since it uses variables defined there. So, you should update to the
>latest context (your setupb is now newer that the rest).
>
>Hans

Thanks for this.

Ok, I downloaded the newest ConTeXt-version available at www.pragma-ade.nl
and updated my teTeX with it (That was really easy :) ).
I generated the documentation for m-bib and read it.
In the documentation I found, that there is the option numbering=short for
\setuppublications, which I then used.
Here's what I got:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1) (format=cont-en
2000.4.28)  29 APR 2000 16:54
entering extended mode
**&cont-en test
(test.tex[/var/lib/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg]
ConTeXt  ver: 2000.3.30  fmt: 2000.4.28  int: english  mes: english

and later

structure      : begin of sectionblock backmatter
subject        : - References
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \csname \??pb \c!sample
                                    \endcsname
\numberwithdot #1->#1
                      .\hss
\fixuphang ...ox 0=\hbox {\@@pbnummercommando {#1}
                                                   \ }\ifdim \wd 0 >
\@@pbhan...
\p!compareprocessaction ...commalistelement {#3}#2
                                                   \expandafter
\quitcommalis...
\next1 #1,->\p!doprocessaction {#1}
                                    \doprocesscommaitem
<argument> ...csname \??pb \c!sample \endcsname },
                                                    bib=>\iftypesetall
\fixup...
l.71 \completepublications

?
[15.5]
structure      : end of sectionblock backmatter
[16.6]
systems        : end file test at line 73
  )
(\end occurred inside a group at level 1)
### semi simple group (level 1) entered at line 62 (\begingroup)
### bottom level

This happens only when I use the mentioned option.

And another question:
Where must I put the module m-bib.tex and the other files so that ConTeXt
finds them. I first put them into my texmf/tex/context/base,  where they
weren't found. Now I have them in the directory, where the Studienarbeit -
don't now the English word for this - I'm writing is located. But this
isn't the place where such a module should be. It should be some central
point, so that one can say \usemodule[bib]
in any ConTeXt-file without having to copy the files again and again.

Thanks in advance

@ 2000-05-01 21:44 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-05-01 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote on Fre, 28 Apr 2000:
>On Don, 27 Apr 2000 wrote the famous Hans Hagen:
>>At 08:55 PM 4/26/2000 +0200, Robert F. Beeger wrote:
>>
>>>Ok! I copied all the files from m-bibn.zip and cont-doc.zip into a fresh
>>>new directory, ran
>>>texexec -module m-bib
>>
>>>! Undefined control sequence.
>>>\!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!stelparagraafnummerenin
>>>

>>>This seems to be a bug in setupb.tex, isn't it?
>>>
>>>It's not the fault of m-bib.tex. I tried it with other files and had the
>>>same result.
>>
>>In setupb all context commands are defined in terms of their syntax. This
>>file is included in the doc zip file and should be in sync with the mult-*
>>files, since it uses variables defined there. So, you should update to the
>>latest context (your setupb is now newer that the rest).
>>

>I have discovered the same problem but with a different error message
>    ! Undefined control sequence.
>    \!!stringa ->\@@setup \y!laag
>
>This happens right after installing a new version of context (2000.4.11)
>along with the cont-doc macros downloaded the same time from the same place.

O.k. I found it myself ...

This error is due to the confusing (sorry) structure of the beta download
page. There is a box with cont-tmf.zip and cont-doc.zip -- and this
cont-doc.zip is the one that produces the errors ...

But, there is another box below the aforementioned one that has
cont-doc.zip, too.  And this one makes it's job.

Uwe