* infinite iteration
@ 2000-04-23 21:52 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-04-23 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey! Right now I managed to induce an infinite (?) iteration
via texexec. Apparently I did it by reading in mpgraph.1 as an
external figure and having inline metapost code at the same time.
The strange thing is that in other circumstances, metapost won't be
run at all in between. I have to start it by hand to update mpgraph.1.

I have downloaded the Dutch manual now. Pretty impressive that it comes
with the source code. Other than the Easter weekend time spent, I have
no regrets toying around with ConTeXt.

My current question is: How do I scale a graphic produced by inline
Metapost code? The (re)?useMPgraphics commands don't seem to provide
scale options, as far as I can tell from the code.

Anyways, thanks fo helping me out

Johannes

* Re: infinite iteration
@ 2000-05-05 10:11 ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-05-05 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes wrote on Son, 23 Apr 2000:

>I have downloaded the Dutch manual now. Pretty impressive that it comes
>with the source code. Other than the Easter weekend time spent, I have
>no regrets toying around with ConTeXt.

Where can I download the source for the manual??? I haven't found it and am
strongly interested in learning from the wizards.  Also, is there a source
for the english beta version?  To learn from and to make suggestions.

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: infinite iteration
@ 2000-05-08 19:34   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-08 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>Where can I download the source for the manual??? I haven't found it and am
>strongly interested in learning from the wizards.  Also, is there a source
>for the english beta version?  To learn from and to make suggestions.

In order to prevent multiple out of sunc copies, the source is not
distributed. In the final (screen version) of the ref manual, I can provide
a cross link to the source. Most examples however are provided as code and
as result (being lazy I use buffers to do so).

An example of a complete document in context code is the pdftex manual,
follow the pdftex link at our site. The s-pre-* files also provide sample
code.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: infinite iteration
@ 2000-04-24  5:15 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-04-24  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Hey! Right now I managed to induce an infinite (?) iteration
>via texexec. Apparently I did it by reading in mpgraph.1 as an
>external figure and having inline metapost code at the same
time.
>The strange thing is that in other circumstances, metapost
won't be
>run at all in between. I have to start it by hand to update
mpgraph.1.

Right, mpgraph is reserved for internal use.

You can create a document namespace by saying:

  \protectbufferstrue

this can go in your local cont-sys.tex file. Also, when

  \runMPgraphicstrue

you can add

  \recycleMPslotstrue

to limit the number of scratch mp files when using pdftex.

>My current question is: How do I scale a graphic produced by
inline
>Metapost code? The (re)?useMPgraphics commands don't seem to
provide
>scale options, as far as I can tell from the code.

The \useMPgraphic as well as \reuseMPgraphic and
\uniqueMPgraphic commands are primarily meant for usage as
backgrounds.

There is startMPgraphic ... stopMPgraphic and some low level
load and place stuff that does support scaling. Just browse
around supp-mps.tex.

Another one is:

\startMPrun
  beginfig(10) ;
  endfig;
\stopMPrun

now you can use

\externalfigure[mprun.10][width=10cm]

and alike.

Of course you can input existing stuff into the run.

Hans