* URLs in PDFTeX
@ 2000-05-08 10:54 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-05-08 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've grown quite fond of the sophisticated hyperref package in PDFLaTeX and would like to mimic features of this in ConTeXT. I've pretty much worked out that ConTeXT relies heavily on pdfTeX for PDF specific functions (the Document Catalog works fairly painlessly), but the pdfTeX manual is distinctly cryptic on the subject of \pdfstartlink...\pdfendlink. I've got Adobe's "Portable Document Format Reference Manual Version 1. 3" from the Adobe Developer pages, but this is huge and I don't particularly feel like becoming a machine-code programmer at this point.

Can anyone just give me one example of how you would translate the following to raw PDFTeX?

LaTeX with hyperref:
\href{mailto:ctipper@hol.gr}{\underline{Christopher G. D. Tipper.}}}

Thanks in advance,
Christopher
                          Christopher G D Tipper | Athens News SA
           48 Grigori Lambraki | Drossia 145 72 | Athens | Greece
mailto:ctipper@hol.gr     http://users.hol.gr/~ctipper/index.htm
tel/fax: +301 813 1767
             Registered address: 3 Christou Lada | 102 37 Athens
                 editor: John Psaropoulos mailto:johnp@dolnet.gr
tel: +301 333 3161 | fax: +301 323 1384 http://athensnews.dolnet.gr/