* Chapters and columns
@ 2000-05-17  6:09 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-05-17  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have two questions:

1. How can I add a line in front of the chapter title, for example: Chapter 1 <new line> Title ?
    And how can I make the header & footer line of that page different?

2. Trying to typeset a page in two columns I did not manage to make the columns equal in height (they differ a bit) even when trying tolerance=stretch. Is there any method to set the columns equal in height (for example by modifying the interline space or so on)

Thanks

Dan Seracu

[-- Attachment #2: Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf --]
[-- Type: text/x-vcard; name="Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf", Size: 447 bytes --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Seracu;Dan;Adrian;ing.
FN:Dan Adrian Seracu
ORG:Sintezis Birotica;Retail
TITLE:coordonator retele POS
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+40 59 44 32 88
TEL;WORK;FAX:+ 40 59 44 32 88
ADR;WORK:;;str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24;Oradea;Bihor;3700;Romania
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24=0D=0AOradea, Bihor 3700=0D=0ARomania
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dans@sintezis.rdsor.ro
REV:20000517T060933Z
END:VCARD

* Re: Chapters and columns
@ 2000-05-17 15:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-17 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:09 AM 5/17/2000 +0300, you wrote:
>   Hi!   I have two questions:   <> Title ?    & footer line of that page
>different?   2. Trying to typeset a page in two columns I did  not manage
>to make the columns equal in height (they differ a bit) even when  trying
>tolerance=stretch. Is there any method to set the columns equal in height
>(for example by modifying the interline space or so on)   Thanks   Dan

[this quote is what happend in eudora when one receives a ms html mail]

(1) a newline:

\def\MyHeadCommand#1#2%
  {Chapter #1\crlf#2}

\setuphead[chapter][command=MyHeadCommand]

will do the job.

Concerning columns, see beta manual. Turning grid snapping on will probably
help.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE