* Re: What's the easy way again?
       [not found]   ` <3.0.5.32.20000518232901.0087ac60@mail.northcoast.com>
@ 2000-05-19  7:21     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-19  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

I cc this to the list since more people can be interested.

>>- upload the latest context
>>- pdftex --ini mptopdf
>>- move the format to the right location
>>- pdftex &mptopdf \relax yourfile.1
>
>Worked perfectly, though I have no idea why \relax is there (other

It's a way of telling tex to shut up and start working. Then some everypar
trick picks up the name.

Here is a perl script that handles multiple files

# usage: mptopdf whatever.*

@files = glob "$ARGV[0].*" ;

$done   = 0 ;
$report = "MPtoPDF: $ARGV[0].* is converted to" ;

foreach (@files)
  { if (/\.(\d+)/)
     { system ("pdftex \&mptopdf \\relax $_") ;
       rename ("$_.pdf", "$_-$1.pdf") ;
       if ($done) { $report .= " +" }
       $report .= " $_-$1.pdf" ;
       ++$done } }

print "\n$report\n\n" if $done ;

Some day I will move it into texutil. Remind me.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-05-19  7:21 UTC | newest]