* Warning paragraphs
@ 2000-05-15  6:15 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-05-15  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a technical manual and I have a question:

how can I typeset a warning (a paragraph that contains a warning for the reader) so that in the left hand of the paragraph (or in the right hand) it will contain a picture?

Is it possible to obtain the formating from the PPCH manual? I'm interested in howto obtain formating for the chapters and for the part in the way PPCH manual use.

Greetings from Oradea, Romania,
Dan Seracu

[-- Attachment #2: Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf --]
[-- Type: text/x-vcard; name="Dan Adrian Seracu.vcf", Size: 447 bytes --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Seracu;Dan;Adrian;ing.
FN:Dan Adrian Seracu
ORG:Sintezis Birotica;Retail
TITLE:coordonator retele POS
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+40 59 44 32 88
TEL;WORK;FAX:+ 40 59 44 32 88
ADR;WORK:;;str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24;Oradea;Bihor;3700;Romania
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:str. Roman Ciorogariu, nr. 24=0D=0AOradea, Bihor 3700=0D=0ARomania
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dans@sintezis.rdsor.ro
REV:20000515T061508Z
END:VCARD

* Re: Warning paragraphs
@ 2000-05-21 22:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-21 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG Context

At 09:15 AM 5/15/2000 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:

>warning for the reader) so that in the left hand of the paragraph (or  in
>the right hand) it will contain a picture?   Is it possible to obtain the

\inleft{whatever}

\placefigure[inleft][]{}{whatever}

>formating from the  PPCH manual? I'm interested in howto obtain formating
>for the chapters and for  the part in the way PPCH manual use.

Some similar things are explained in the beta manual. Even sort of step by
step. Basically you hook in an own command. Try:

\def\MyHead#1#2%
  {\hbox to \hsize{\hfill\framed{#1}\hskip1cm\framed{#2}}

\setuphead[chapter][command=\MyHead]

Playing a lot with \framed and \hbox, \hfill and \hskip and alike will
bring to to the stage that you can easilly define your own heading
commands. By hooking them into the head commands you can be sure that
spacing, fonts, marks etc are handled properly.

[I don't want to distribute undocumented styles. I really want to keep the
context distribution as clean as possible]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE