* Re: Pagenumbering and pictures...
       [not found] ` <20000520115818.2601.qmail@crux.private.off-line>
@ 2000-05-22 20:48   ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <Your message of "Sat, 20 May 2000 00:29:01 +0200."       <3.0.6.32.20000520002901.008428e0@pop.wxs.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-22 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

The next beta release will offer:

\setuppagenumber
  [state=start|stop|keep|empty|none]

keep  : don't show number, don't increase
empty : don't show number on this page, and increase
none  : don't show number, but increase
stop  : don't show and don't increase
start : show and increase

also, some low level commands have now a high level interface:

\pagenumber          : pagenumber (was already available)
\placepagenumber     : pagenumber
\completepagenumber  : pagenumber with section prefixes

the last two commands obey the state. Also, a new label is added, which can
be used like:

\setuplabeltexts [pagenumber=Page ]

(or per language). By default there is no label, and whet set, it will not
show up with a disabled number.

Please report anomalities.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Pagenumbering and pictures...
@ 2000-05-23  6:42     ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2000-05-23  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 22:48 22.05.00 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

>The next beta release will offer:
>
>\setuppagenumber
>   [state=start|stop|keep|empty|none]
>
>keep  : don't show number, don't increase
>empty : don't show number on this page, and increase
>none  : don't show number, but increase
>stop  : don't show and don't increase
>start : show and increase

Hello, Hans!

What's the difference between keep and stop? The list above suggests that
there is none.

Greets
    Robert

       [not found]     ` <4.3.1.0.20000523083653.00afb580@rzdspc1.informatik.uni-ham burg.de>
@ 2000-05-23  8:40       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-23  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Robert asked:

>>keep  : don't show number, don't increase
>>empty : don't show number on this page, and increase
>>none  : don't show number, but increase
>>stop  : don't show and don't increase
>>start : show and increase

>What's the difference between keep and stop? The list above suggests that
>there is none.

none : counters counts on
stop : stop counting

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Pagenumbering and pictures...
@ 2000-05-23  9:04       ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-05-23  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What's the difference between keep and stop? The list above
> suggests that
> there is none.

Keep is probably show and don't increase :-)

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Pagenumbering and pictures...
       [not found] ` <20000519122155.5857.qmail@crux.private.off-line>
@ 2000-05-19 16:05   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-19 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:21 PM 5/19/2000 +0200, Joop Susan wrote:

>This only seems to stop the pagenumber incrementing. There are some pages
>on which I do not want have a pagenumber visible.

bedoel je iets als:

\stelhoofdin[status=leeg]

Ik kan nog wel eens een 'status=leeg' aan stelpaginanummer toevoegen.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Pagenumbering and pictures...
@ 2000-05-19 11:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-19 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:24 PM 5/19/2000 +0200, Joop Susan wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to change page order temporarily. I have tried:
>
>\starttekst
>\stelpaginanummerin[10]
>Start dit dokument op pagina 10?
>\stoptekst
>
>But this does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

[nummer=10]

>If I occasionally do not want a pagenumber on a page how do I temporarily
>switch it off and on?

maybe \stelpaginanummerin[status=stop] is what you're looking for

>When I insert a picture in the text, the text runs around the picture.
>That is what I expect. If I do a font attribute change in the middle of a
>paragraph ,{\bf Bold statement} for example, it is still OK. But if I do
>this at the beginning (including the first letter) of the paragraph the
>text runs through the picture as if it were not there. Why is that? Is
>there a solution?

This is due to the way tex enters horizontal mode. Add \indent \noindent or
\strut in front of the paragraph.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Pagenumbering and pictures...
@ 2000-05-19 11:24 Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2000-05-19 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to change page order temporarily. I have tried:

\starttekst
\stelpaginanummerin[10]
Start dit dokument op pagina 10?
\stoptekst

But this does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

If I occasionally do not want a pagenumber on a page how do I temporarily
switch it off and on?

When I insert a picture in the text, the text runs around the picture.
That is what I expect. If I do a font attribute change in the middle of a
paragraph ,{\bf Bold statement} for example, it is still OK. But if I do
this at the beginning (including the first letter) of the paragraph the
text runs through the picture as if it were not there. Why is that? Is
there a solution?

\starttekst
\gebruikexternfiguur[testPlaatje][testPlaatje][breedte=.2\tekstbreedte]

\plaatsfiguur[rechts]{geen}{\testPlaatje}
XXx xxx x  x x x x xxxxx  xxxx  xxx x xxxxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx
XXx xx ... Will be OK ... xxxx  xxx x xxxxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx
XXx xxx x  x x x x xxxxx  xxxx  xxx x xxxxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx

{/bf XXx xxx x}  x x x x xxxxx  xxxx  xxx x xxxxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx
XXx xx ... Will run through picture ... xxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx
XXx xxx x  x x x x xxxxx  xxxx  xxx x xxxxx x x xxx x xxxxx  xxx

\stoptekst

Context package is recent.

Thanks,

Joop