* Re: Combine two pdf´s
       [not found]         ` <392D4B4D.718C75E0@forprint.se>
@ 2000-05-25 17:51           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-25 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: PDFtex, ntg-context

At 04:48 PM 5/25/2000 +0100, Anders Alstrin wrote:

>I got succes in combineing two pdf docs into one two paged pdf.
>And thats great.
>But What I wanted was to take one pdf and use it as background layer for
>another
>pdf. And from what I understand you cannot do that with --pdfarrange or
>--pdfcombine?
>So I have to do an empty tex file and tell it two take the two pdf´s and put
>it
>into one pdf.
>But my experience lacks of understanding tetex things.
>So now I have learn a bit of tetex and that´s not to bad..

Hm. Better learn a bit of context -) Although it's not a topic for this
list, here is a hack:

\starttext

\setupoutput
  [pdftex]

\defineoverlay
  [something]
  [{\externalfigure[onepagefile.pdf][factor=max]}]

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=something]

\copypages
  [multipagefile.pdf]

\stoptext

Copy this into whatever.tex, substitute onepagefile.pdf and
multipagefile.pdf and run

  texexec whateverfile --once

and voila.

I can add this feature to texexec (--pdfcopy is already there, handy for
downscaling when printing, so something --background=somefile is rather
trivial.).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Combine two pdf´s
@ 2000-05-25 17:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-25 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

At 02:18 PM 5/25/2000 +0100, Haseloff, Lutz wrote:

>after using of --pdfarrange all interactivities are lost
>(fields, links) have i to live with it?

Yes. Pdf inclusion is always without any annots since there is no way to
guar consistency as well as annots are on different layers in the pdf file
(by adobe design).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Combine two pdf´s
@ 2000-05-25 13:18 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-05-25 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

after using of --pdfarrange all interactivities are lost
(fields, links) have i to live with it?

Greetings

Lutz