* question about header
@ 2000-05-22  1:38 Mr. Wang Lei
From: Mr. Wang Lei @ 2000-05-22  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
   I want to make odd page header text is <text odd>  and even page
header text is <text even>, they are all placed in the middle the header.
when I use \setupheadertexts[text odd][text even]
or \setupheadertexts[text odd][][text even][], the result
always place the header in right and left other than middle and
the pagenumber displayed in the middle! how could I do?

   Another question is that I want put a line below the header,
so I use the background as follows:

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][frame=off,bottomframe=on]

the line appears, but even if in the chapter page which
I have disable the header and footer it also appears.
How can I let the line disappear in the first page of the
chapter?

Regards,

Wang

Mr. Wang Lei                      Phone: 86-10-62616670
                                  Email: lwang@amath8.amt.ac.cn
Institute of Applied Mathematics         leiwang@btamail.net.cn
Chinese Academy of Science        Address: P.O.Box 2734, Beijing, 100080

* Re: question about header
@ 2000-05-24 22:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-24 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

At 09:38 AM 5/22/2000 +0800, Mr. Wang Lei wrote:
>Hi,
>   I want to make odd page header text is <text odd>  and even page
>header text is <text even>, they are all placed in the middle the header.
>when I use \setupheadertexts[text odd][text even]
>or \setupheadertexts[text odd][][text even][], the result
>always place the header in right and left other than middle and
>the pagenumber displayed in the middle! how could I do?

How about:

\setupheadertexts[\hfill text odd \hfill][\hfill text even\hfill]

>   Another question is that I want put a line below the header,
>so I use the background as follows:
>
>\setupbackgrounds[header][text][frame=off,bottomframe=on]
>
>the line appears, but even if in the chapter page which
>I have disable the header and footer it also appears.
>How can I let the line disappear in the first page of the
>chapter?

\setuplayout
  [margin=0cm] % otherwise funny side effect, I will correct that

\setupheader
  [text]
  [after={\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=0pt,depth=1pt]

\setupheadertexts[oeps]

\noheadersandfooters test \page test

You can influence the distance with the height and distance of the header.

For the moment a better alternative is:

\setupheadertexts[{\framed[....]{some text}}]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: question about header
@ 2000-05-25 12:33   ` Mr. Wang Lei
From: Mr. Wang Lei @ 2000-05-25 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 09:38 AM 5/22/2000 +0800, Mr. Wang Lei wrote:
> >Hi,
> >   I want to make odd page header text is <text odd>  and even page
> >header text is <text even>, they are all placed in the middle the header.
> >when I use \setupheadertexts[text odd][text even]
> >or \setupheadertexts[text odd][][text even][], the result
> >always place the header in right and left other than middle and
> >the pagenumber displayed in the middle! how could I do?
>
> How about:
>
> \setupheadertexts[\hfill text odd \hfill][\hfill text even\hfill]

it doesn't work.

> >   Another question is that I want put a line below the header,
> >so I use the background as follows:
> >
> >\setupbackgrounds[header][text][frame=off,bottomframe=on]
> >
> >the line appears, but even if in the chapter page which
> >I have disable the header and footer it also appears.
> >How can I let the line disappear in the first page of the
> >chapter?
>
> \setuplayout
>   [margin=0cm] % otherwise funny side effect, I will correct that
>
> \setupheader
>   [text]
>   [after={\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=0pt,depth=1pt]
>
> \setupheadertexts[oeps]
>
> \noheadersandfooters test \page test
>
> You can influence the distance with the height and distance of the header.
>
> For the moment a better alternative is:
>
> \setupheadertexts[{\framed[....]{some text}}]

AH, I use the

\setupheadertexts[{\framed[align=middle,frame=off, bottomframe=on]%
                  {odd header}}][]
                 [{\framed[align=middle,frame=off, bottomframe=on]%
                  {even header}}][]

can put the header in the middle of the header line and a bottom
line under the headers. but doing that may let context can not
recognize the key word such like "chapter", "section",etc.
when I using "chapter" instead of the above "even header" in the
\setupheadertexts commands, the result is that context put the
word "chapter" as the header in the even page other than the
real chapter title. How to solve this problem?

@ 2000-05-27 20:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-27 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen, NTG-ConTeXt

At 08:33 PM 5/25/2000 +0800, Mr. Wang Lei wrote:

>can put the header in the middle of the header line and a bottom
>line under the headers. but doing that may let context can not
>recognize the key word such like "chapter", "section",etc.
>when I using "chapter" instead of the above "even header" in the
>\setupheadertexts commands, the result is that context put the
>word "chapter" as the header in the even page other than the
>real chapter title. How to solve this problem?

In chapter 'references' (beta manual) you will find some words on markings.
You can just call for a chapter mark + more. It should work, since I spend
some time making it chinese-proof.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: question about header
@ 2000-05-30 12:49       ` Mr. Wang Lei
From: Mr. Wang Lei @ 2000-05-30 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Hans Hagen wrote:

> In chapter 'references' (beta manual) you will find some words on markings.
> You can just call for a chapter mark + more. It should work, since I spend
> some time making it chinese-proof.

ah, \getmarking[chapternumber]\hskip1.5em\getmarking[chapter]
works. But there is a problem is that I want enlarge the
space between the characters if the chapter title is short.
for example, just two chinese characters. I use the command
\def\chineseinterglyphskip{10pt} to change the space in chapter
title. but the \getmarking[chapter] give packed chapter title.
I don't know if I using the following:

\chapter[chap:ref]{title}
\marking[chapter]{\def\chineseinterglyphskip{10pt} title}

will spoil some other reference? it seems well in the header.

@ 2000-05-30 15:15         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-30 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

At 08:49 PM 5/30/2000 +0800, Mr. Wang Lei wrote:

>> In chapter 'references' (beta manual) you will find some words on markings.
>> You can just call for a chapter mark + more. It should work, since I spend
>> some time making it chinese-proof.
>
>ah, \getmarking[chapternumber]\hskip1.5em\getmarking[chapter]
>works. But there is a problem is that I want enlarge the
>space between the characters if the chapter title is short.
>for example, just two chinese characters. I use the command
>\def\chineseinterglyphskip{10pt} to change the space in chapter
>title. but the \getmarking[chapter] give packed chapter title.
>I don't know if I using the following:
>
>\chapter[chap:ref]{title}
>\marking[chapter]{\def\chineseinterglyphskip{10pt} title}
>
>will spoil some other reference? it seems well in the header.

I would not use a \mrking here, just \chapter...

\unexpanded\def\EnableChiStretch%
  {\def\chineseinterglyphskip{.8\bodyfontsize}}

and then put

\EnableChiStretch before \getmarking. Later we will sort out ab better way.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE