* Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-01  8:15 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-06-01  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I may came with an old question, but I'm interested in this: Can I use a
background image (e.g a metapost image) for only the chapter pages? For
example to put there some lines or so.

Dan Seracu

* RE: Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-01 10:02 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-06-01 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I may came with an old question, but I'm interested in this:
> Can I use a
> background image (e.g a metapost image) for only the chapter
> pages? For
> example to put there some lines or so.

Probably something like this:

\definehead
	[chapter]
	[command=\MyChapter]

\def\MyChapter#1#2%
	{ .. typesethead and put figure here .. }

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-01 11:08   ` Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-06-01 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Berend de Boer wrote:

> Probably something like this:
>
> \definehead
>         [chapter]
>         [command=\MyChapter]
>
> \def\MyChapter#1#2%
>         { .. typesethead and put figure here .. }
>
> Groetjes,
>
> Berend. (-:

Thank you.  But what I mean is to put, for example, a line that extends
the margins of the page, like in presentations. Or something else. But
only for a particular page (e.g. the chapter or the part page).

Dan Seracu

* RE: Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-01 14:02     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-06-01 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thank you.  But what I mean is to put, for example, a line
> that extends
> the margins of the page, like in presentations. Or something else. But
> only for a particular page (e.g. the chapter or the part page).

You mean the entire margin? Or do you only want to extend the title of the
chapter itself?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-02  0:18     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-02  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Berend de Boer, NTG ConTeXt

At 02:08 PM 6/1/2000 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:

>Thank you.  But what I mean is to put, for example, a line that extends
>the margins of the page, like in presentations. Or something else. But
>only for a particular page (e.g. the chapter or the part page).

Okay, let's tell you some 'secrets':

(instead of [text][text] you could select a leftmargin or so; instead of ON
one can fill in something else)

\setupbackgrounds[state=repeat]

\setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=whatever]

\couplepage
  [chapter]
  [before={\defineoverlay[whatever][ON]}]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [before={\pagetype[chapter]}]

\chapter{First} \page test \chapter{second} \page test

Alternatively you can play with logospace, but that is more complicated.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Chapter Background
@ 2000-06-05  7:42       ` Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2000-06-05  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

Berend de Boer wrote:

> You mean the entire margin? Or do you only want to extend the title of the
> chapter itself?
>
> Groetjes,
>
> Berend. (-:

Let's  make an example: In the chapter page (or if you want in the part page)
I want a line in the left side of the chapter title, a line that extends up to
the margin of the page, starting from the bottom of the chapter title. Or I
want to put a background image (for example a jpg) on the part page.

Dan Seracu.

* Re: Chapter background
@ 2000-03-12 18:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-03-12 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:04 PM 3/7/2000 GMT, Dan Seracu wrote:
>    Hello everyone! I have a few questions regarding page design. First:
>how can I put a metapost background to chapter titles or to chapter
>numbers? Like the ones in beginer manual to ConTeXt or in PPCHTeX manual?

That's a multistep process:

\startMPgraphic{Whatever}
  ... whatever ... using \overlaywidth and \overlayheight
\stopMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[Whatever][\useMPgraphic{Whatever}]

\def\MyNumberCommand#1%
  {\framed[background=Whatever,frame=off]{#1}}

\setuphead[chapter][numbercommand=\MyNumberCommand]

>Second: How can I find out the chapter number (is there something like
>\chapternumber)? Best regards from Oradea, Dan Seracu

Say \determineheadnumber[chapter] and after that the number is available in
\headnumber

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Chapter background