* Setting paragraph title right or left in doublesided mode
@ 2000-06-02 14:27 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-06-02 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All (probably Hans :-) ),

Does anyone know how I can typeset a paragraph title left or right in
doublesided mode? I.e. on odd pages the title should go right, in even pages
the title should go left.

I tried to use \ifodd\paginanumber, but this wasn't very reliable (perhaps
in combination with other stuff). How can I make 100% sure I'm on an odd or
even page?

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* RE: Setting paragraph title right or left in doublesided mode
@ 2000-06-02 15:11 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-06-02 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I tried to use \ifodd\paginanumber, but this wasn't very
> reliable (perhaps
> in combination with other stuff). How can I make 100% sure
> I'm on an odd or
> even page?

Hmm, it seems \definetwopasslist does the job!! (and a few more lines of
course, but this was what I needed)

@ 2000-06-02 22:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-02 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:11 PM 6/2/2000 +0200, Berend de Boer wrote:
>> I tried to use \ifodd\paginanumber, but this wasn't very
>> reliable (perhaps
>> in combination with other stuff). How can I make 100% sure
>> I'm on an odd or
>> even page?
>
>Hmm, it seems \definetwopasslist does the job!! (and a few more lines of
>course, but this was what I needed)

\ifodd\realpageno
   this is
\else
   rather safe
\fi

but indeed a twopass list is more robust; actually, you could use:

\setraggedparagraphmode
  {odd action}
  {even action}

which generates the twopass entry too. Maybe I should have:

\let\doifrightpageelse\setraggedparagraphmode

alternatively (atthe cost of more macros, since two pass lists are
implemented rather efficiently) you can use:

\pagereference[here]\doifreferencefoundelse{here}
  {\ifodd\currentrealreference\relax a\else b\fi}
  {}

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE