* m-bib package
@ 2000-06-06 15:39 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-06-06 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm having some teething problems with the \usemodule[m-bib] package of Taco's and I wonder if people can set me right.

I think I've got the basics right, because I've managed to get a compiled bibliography (once or twice...) But it screwed up my document font settings, because I didn't happen to want my References right at the end of the document. So, in the time honoured manner, I fiddled. Big mistake. All I did was change

\setuppublications[
        \c!voor\c!lijst={\csname\v!onderwerp\endcsname{References}
                         \switchtobodyfont[\v!klein]},
...]

\setuppublications[
        \c!voor\c!lijst={\csname\v!onderwerp\endcsname{References}},
...]

in m-bib.tex and recompile the format.

(1) Biggest problem is that \completepublications now puts 'References' but no entries. All the \cite commands produce the right results, and I have ...criterium=all... set. So what's happened?

(2) The thing that really irritated me was that the space after \cite[...] gets swallowed, so I end up with things like "...in (Searle, 1984)he says...". Changing
\c!rechts={)},
\c!rechts={) },
doesn't take into account punctuation after the closing parenthesis.

But what I'd really like to know is what all those \c! and \v! tags do, and what begincsname...endcsname is?

One final note. When the next version of m-bib.zip is posted, can we please know the proper file-placements?

This is what I kind of figured from an older distribution:

m-bib.tex --> texmf/tex/context/base
bib-apa.tex + *.bst --> texmf/tex/generic/context
m-bib.pdf --> texmf/doc/context/base

And do I need to create a format if I make changes to bib-apa, m-bib etc. ?

Kind Regards,
Christopher

* Re: m-bib package
@ 2000-06-06 21:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-06 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:39 PM 6/6/2000 +0300, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

>I'm having some teething problems with the \usemodule[m-bib] package of
Taco's and I wonder if people can set me right.

I'm no expert on bib yet, but seeying this, it seems like I must hurry in
intergrating the module.

>I think I've got the basics right, because I've managed to get a compiled
bibliography (once or twice...) But it screwed up my document font
settings, because I didn't happen to want my References right at the end of
the document. So, in the time honoured manner, I fiddled. Big mistake. All
I did was change

>\setuppublications[
>        \c!voor\c!lijst={\csname\v!onderwerp\endcsname{References}
>                         \switchtobodyfont[\v!klein]},
>...]

Watch out: there is a space after the References}

>\setuppublications[
>        \c!voor\c!lijst={\csname\v!onderwerp\endcsname{References}},
>...]

so: } },

>in m-bib.tex and recompile the format.

This is a module, so here you don't need to recompile the format!

>(1) Biggest problem is that \completepublications now puts 'References'
but no entries. All the \cite commands produce the right results, and I
have ...criterium=all... set. So what's happened?

>(2) The thing that really irritated me was that the space after \cite[...]
gets swallowed, so I end up with things like "...in (Searle, 1984)he
says...". Changing

>\c!rechts={)},
>\c!rechts={) },
>doesn't take into account punctuation after the closing parenthesis.
>
>But what I'd really like to know is what all those \c! and \v! tags do,
and what begincsname...endcsname is?

Fortunately, users seldom need to use these. They are internal constants
and variables, that expand to the right low level implementation language.
So \c!rechts == low level (still dutch) rechts, but \v!rechts becomes
'right' which is needed in comparisons. See mult-ini for more info and
mult-con for the translation tables (at format generation time, the right
ones are filtered).

>One final note. When the next version of m-bib.zip is posted, can we
please know the proper file-placements?

>This is what I kind of figured from an older distribution:
>
>m-bib.tex --> texmf/tex/context/base
>bib-apa.tex + *.bst --> texmf/tex/generic/context
>m-bib.pdf --> texmf/doc/context/base

That's the right place. I also suggest you make

  .../context/user

for your own stuff.

>And do I need to create a format if I make changes to bib-apa, m-bib etc. ?

No, m- and s- files are loaded runtime. m-bib will probbaly become bibl-ini
+ bibl-* files, with bibl in the core and the * loaded runtime.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: m-bib package
@ 2000-06-07  8:30 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-06-07  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai Christopher,

> But what I'd really like to know is what all those \c! and
> \v! tags do, and what begincsname...endcsname is?

The \c! and \v! are macro's that resolve to context current language
interface. \csname .. \endcsname makes a macro from the thing between, so:

	\csname tex\endcsname

is equal to saying \tex.

> And do I need to create a format if I make changes to
> bib-apa, m-bib etc. ?

I.e. remake the context format file?? No.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* RE: m-bib package
@ 2000-06-07  9:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-07  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:30 AM 6/7/2000 +0200, Berend de Boer wrote:

>	\csname tex\endcsname
>
>is equal to saying \tex.

Although, the is a subtile difference between:

\thisisnotdefined en \csname thisisnotdefined\edcsname

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE