* [newbie]: nested enumerations
@ 2000-06-11 12:20 Niels Aan de Brugh
From: Niels Aan de Brugh @ 2000-06-11 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a little problem with nested enumerations. My ConTeXt code
looks like this:

guild \crlf {\it(n.)}
\startopsomming[n, ruim, opelkaar]
\som \startopsomming[a, opelkaar, aansluitend]
	 \som An association of persons of the same trade or pursuits,
		  formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards.
	 \som A similar association, as of merchants or artisans,
		  in medieval times.
	 \stopopsomming
\som Ecology. One of four groups of plants, the lianas, epiphytes,
	 saprophytes, and parasites, having a characteristic mode of
	 existence that involves some dependence on other plant life.
\stopopsomming

When I typeset this code it looks like this:
1.
    a. An association ...
    b. A similar ...
2.  Ecology ...

As you may have guessed I'd like to have something like this:

1.  a. An association ...
    b. A similar ...
2.  Ecology ...

I tried something with \vbox and \vtop, but this causes some overful
boxes, and I don't want to add \crlf's manually to correct that.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem? Maybe I
overlooked something. Thanks in advance.

Niels

Niels aan de Brugh (a.k.a. Smeagol)

* Re: [newbie]: nested enumerations
@ 2000-06-12  0:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-12  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:20 PM 6/11/2000 +0200, Niels Aan de Brugh wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a little problem with nested enumerations. My ConTeXt code
>looks like this:

You can try to use \doornummeren

The next itemize based hack is ugly; but a quick better solution is hard; i
will look into it.

\def\hangsom{\som\vskip-\openlineheight\nobreak}

\startopsomming[n,opelkaar]
\hangsom \startopsomming[a]
         \som oeps
         \som oeps