* Javascript support
@ 2000-06-15 16:28 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-06-15 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening (or whatever it is)!

I'm pretty excited that ConTeXt can include the Javascript to a pdf
document.
But I'd like to know more:
    1) what can be done with this technology (for example, is it
possilbe to construct
        curves via JS and draw them?)
    2) how to use it.
The Up-to-date-001 shows just the TeX's side. I'd like to know the JS
gan gather
information from the check boxes, radio boxes, fill-in-field, whether
there can be
some timer to start a Javascript let's say every five minutes and so on.

Is there some further documentation?

Many thanks

Michal Kvasnicka

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: Javascript support
@ 2000-06-16  8:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-16  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 06:28 PM 6/15/2000 +0200, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

>I'm pretty excited that ConTeXt can include the Javascript to a pdf
>document.
>But I'd like to know more:
>    1) what can be done with this technology (for example, is it
>possilbe to construct
>        curves via JS and draw them?)

That is not possible with javascript.

>    2) how to use it.
>The Up-to-date-001 shows just the TeX's side. I'd like to know the JS
>gan gather
>information from the check boxes, radio boxes, fill-in-field, whether
>there can be
>some timer to start a Javascript let's say every five minutes and so on.
>
>Is there some further documentation?

There is a javascript/pdf manual at the adobe site. Furthermore you need
the ecmascript manual as reference.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE