* chapter or title in page header
@ 2000-06-26 19:30 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-06-26 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

My page headers should have "part" on the lefthand side
and "title" (chapter) on the righthand side.

If I understand it right, the command must be
\setupheadertexts[text][part][][][title]

But the right header is always empty, even if I
use \chapter{} (and "chapter" in the brackets) instead of \title{}

With "section" or some vanilla text it's no problem,
only with title or chapter.

Is that my fault or a bug? What could I do?

---
Oh, ehm, I recognize just now, that "section" did work
with my little test file, but not with my huge book. grmbl...
The same with my self-defined "verse" environment.
Something must be interfering in the header. :-(
But please help me with the above problem.

--
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---

* Re: chapter or title in page header
@ 2000-06-27 21:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-27 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 09:30 PM 6/26/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:
>Hello!
>
>My page headers should have "part" on the lefthand side
>and "title" (chapter) on the righthand side.
>
>If I understand it right, the command must be
>\setupheadertexts[text][part][][][title]
>
>But the right header is always empty, even if I
>use \chapter{} (and "chapter" in the brackets) instead of \title{}

part and chapter are keywords, so no {} here.

\setupheadertexts[part][chapter]

>With "section" or some vanilla text it's no problem,
>only with title or chapter.
>
>Is that my fault or a bug? What could I do?

These running things are called marks in terms of tex; did you read the
beta chapter on referencing btw?

chapter, section etc have an associated mark, but since title and subject
don't have a number, they don't have a mark

when one wants chapter titles to appear in for instance headers, one should
use sectionblocks, like in:

\startfrontmatter
\chapter{this one does not have a number, but does have a running head}
\stopfrontmatter

concerning headertexts, try:

\setupheadertexts[chapter][part]

  versus

\setupheadertexts[chapter][part][part][chapter]

etc etc

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
  tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.nl