* left/right bug?
@ 2000-07-14 22:53 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-07-14 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

another mail tonight...

in my document are some alignments swapped:

left aligned "aligment"-paragraphs
appear right aligned,
left aligned figures are left aligned, push some text behind
right margin, no text beneath them in the column,
right aligned figures appear rather left
aligned, with some text (only abaout 5 chars, like above)
at the left,
headers of left/right pages are swapped,

Is that a known bug/feature?
What setups could cause such?

groetjes, hraban.

* Re: left/right bug?
@ 2000-07-15 22:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-07-15 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:53 AM 7/15/00 +0200, you wrote:
>another mail tonight...
>
>in my document are some alignments swapped:
>
>left aligned "aligment"-paragraphs
>appear right aligned,
>left aligned figures are left aligned, push some text behind
>right margin, no text beneath them in the column,
>right aligned figures appear rather left
>aligned, with some text (only abaout 5 chars, like above)
>at the left,
>headers of left/right pages are swapped,
>
>Is that a known bug/feature?
>What setups could cause such?

No bug but history: raggedright became 'right' and raggedleft 'left'. Can't
change that now, so always think 'ragged' in front of it.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: left/right bug?
@ 2000-07-17 23:31   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-07-17 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> No bug but history: raggedright became 'right' and raggedleft 'left'. Can't
> change that now, so always think 'ragged' in front of it.

Hm, but in the manual (english beta) it is explained the other way
(that is, the aligment of figures).

And it's strange to define my headers as
\setupheadertexts [][chapter][part][]
if I want to have part at the outer left
and chapter at the outer right side...

<look something puzzled>

hraban.

PS: It would be nice (i.e. even more nicer) to get your mails only one
time and with the list address as "reply-to"

* Re: left/right bug?
@ 2000-07-19  7:11     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-07-19  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:31 AM 7/18/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>> No bug but history: raggedright became 'right' and raggedleft 'left'. Can't
>> change that now, so always think 'ragged' in front of it.
>
>Hm, but in the manual (english beta) it is explained the other way
>(that is, the aligment of figures).
>
>And it's strange to define my headers as
>\setupheadertexts [][chapter][part][]
>if I want to have part at the outer left
>and chapter at the outer right side...
>
><look something puzzled>

It depends in how you look at it. If we assume that single sided is used
most, and therefoer the last two args to be optional, teh first pair refers
to the first page, which is a right page. The second pair is than the left
page on a double or mixed single double sided layout. It's the way the
system evolved over the years.  We really tried to be as consistent as
possible. When you define a header, don't think of how the layout is, but
of how it is defined. You want left and right headers, so you provide two
args, and you enter them fir the first page you think of, the right one.
Then you decide on alternative headers on odd/even pages, so you add some
more arguments.

>PS: It would be nice (i.e. even more nicer) to get your mails only one
>time and with the list address as "reply-to"

Well, if i hit reply in eudora, the mail is only sent to you, so i have to
hit the reply all button. I get too many mails to spent time on keying in
addresses manually.
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE