* Output name
@ 2000-07-27 19:38 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-07-27 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Is there a way to setup in your document what you want the name of the
output file to be when the document is compiled? I know you can do this
with the --result switch with texexec, but I would like to know how to set
this in the source file, if possible.

Also, if this is possible, is it possible to set it up in the source
document so that it attaches "whatever" to the filename of the source
document?

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Re: Output name
@ 2000-07-27 22:36 ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-07-27 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> Is there a way to setup in your document what you want the name of the
> output file to be when the document is compiled? I know you can do this
> with the --result switch with texexec, but I would like to know how to set
> this in the source file, if possible.

You may write all options for texexec
in the first line of your source (after a %).
e.g.
% interface=en language=de output=pdf result=mynewfile

See the texexec documentation (mtexexec.pdf)!

--
*corvus tecum*
  -_hraban_-

* Re: Output name
@ 2000-07-28 11:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-07-28 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:38 PM 7/27/00 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>All,
>
>Is there a way to setup in your document what you want the name of the
>output file to be when the document is compiled? I know you can do this
>with the --result switch with texexec, but I would like to know how to set
>this in the source file, if possible.

No, since one cannot set the output file from within tex. But, when using
result and a recent context version, you can ask for the result name during
a run. The final name is available in \outputfilename

>Also, if this is possible, is it possible to set it up in the source
>document so that it attaches "whatever" to the filename of the source
>document?

I'm not sure what you mean, but yesterday I implemented

  texexec --suffix="-s" filename

so that you get filename-s as result file. I needed it for:

  texexec --suffix="-s" *.tex

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE