* Nasty!
@ 2000-07-31 23:58 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-07-31 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I've gotten hung up on this one big time at least twice in the last week.
One would expect that the following file would put the text on a light gray
background. It does not occur as predicted. Now, comment out the \showframe
command and voila! Light gray background for the text!

Nasty!

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]

\setuplayout
[header=0cm,
 topspace=.5cm,
 backspace=2cm,
 margindistance=0.5cm, %0.5cm
 margin=1cm,
 rightmargin=0.0cm, %0.0cm
 rightedge=2.0cm, %rightedge=2.0cm
 edgedistance=0.5cm, %edgedistance=0.5cm
 width=fit,
 footer=1cm,
 height=middle]

\setupbodyfont[lbr]

\setuphead
 [chapter]
 [alternative=inmargin,
  number=no,
  ownnumber=yes,
  after={\blank[3*medium]}]

\setupfootertexts
 [text]
 [chapter][chapternumber]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setuptyping
 [option=tex]

\setupinteraction
 [state=start,
  style=,
  color=,
  contrastcolor=,
  menu=on,
  title=ConTeXt Demo Suite,
  author=Hans Hagen]

\definecolor[DarkGray][s=0.6]
\definecolor[MediumGray][s=0.8]
\definecolor[LightGray][s=0.9]

\setupinteractionmenu
 [right]
 [background=color,
  backgroundcolor=LightGray,
  frame=on,
  state=start]

\startinteractionmenu[right]
 \but [content] Contents \\
 \but [sample] Sample \\
 \but [PreviousJump] Back \\
 \but [CloseDocument] Exit \\
 \vfill
\stopinteractionmenu

\setupbackgrounds[page]
 [background=color,
  backgroundcolor=MediumGray]

\setupbackgrounds
 [text][text]
 [background=color,
  backgroundcolor=LightGray,
  backgroundoffset=1.25mm]

\showframe

\starttext

\chapter{One}
\starttyping
\showframe
\stoptyping

\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}

\chapter{Two}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}

\chapter{Three}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}

\stoptext

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Re: Nasty!
@ 2000-08-01  6:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-01  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:58 PM 7/31/00 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>All,
>
>I've gotten hung up on this one big time at least twice in the last week.
>One would expect that the following file would put the text on a light gray
>background. It does not occur as predicted. Now, comment out the \showframe
>command and voila! Light gray background for the text!
>
>Nasty

\showframe is implemented using backgrounds, in this respect the \showframe
does work as predicted, but backgrounds don't. It saves much code this way
and \showframe is only there for debugging

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE