* I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-01 20:08 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-08-01 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

All,

This worked beautifully, as I said earlier:

\definehead
 [myContents]
 [title]

\setuphead
 [myContents]
 [alternative=middle,
  color=darkred,
  style=\ssbfc]

\startfrontmatter
 \myContents{Table of Contents}
 \placecontent
\stopfrontmatter

But I didn't notice that replacing \completecontent with \placecontent
turned off my "contents" button on my menu, defined by:

\startinteractionmenu
 [right]
 \boxofsize \vbox \textheight \bottomdistance \bottomheight
 \bgroup
 \startcolor[white]
 \ssbfb\setupinterlinespace
 \midaligned{\getmenuTitle}
 \stopcolor
 \vfill
 \but[firstpage] title page\\
 \but[content] contents\\
 \but[previouspage] previous page\\
 \but[nextpage] next page\\
 \but[CloseDocument] close\\
 \but[ExitViewer] exit\\
 \unskip
 \egroup
\stopinteractionmenu

So, the problem is not yet solved. There must be something with
\completecontent that sets up some link, but I don't know what it is. What
file should I look in to discover the answer?

How can I get my link turned back on? Is the command \definereference a clue?

-
David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222

My Home Page
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/darnold/index.htm

Ordinary Differential Equations Using Matlab
http://www.prenhall.com/books/esm_0130113816.html

* Re: I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-02  6:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-02  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:08 PM 8/1/00 -0700, you wrote:

>But I didn't notice that replacing \completecontent with \placecontent
>turned off my "contents" button on my menu, defined by:

\pagereference[content] \placecontent

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-02  7:19   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-08-02  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

Very nice, this worked!

-

@ 2000-08-02  7:43   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2000-08-02  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans,

This has me deadly curious. There must be something in the
\completecombinedlist command that does something similar to your
suggestion. What is it?

@ 2000-08-02 10:14     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-02 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:43 AM 8/2/00 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>Hans,
>
>This has me deadly curious. There must be something in the
>\completecombinedlist command that does something similar to your
>suggestion. What is it?

\title[content]{Table Of Contents}
\placelist

or low level:

\def\dodovolledigelijst[#1][#2][#3]%  enkelvoud, meervoud, instellingen
  {\systemsuppliedtitle[#2]{\headtext{#2}}
   \doplaatslijst[#1][#3]}

so that it adapts to the interface, can be used for every list, and
supports labels.

BTW, refs are generated with something

\setuplist[chapter][coupling=yes]

in which case you get self adapting linked refs, so that you can go to the
current list, previous list etc. Will be in the manual on interactive docs.

[no time to explain that now]

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-09  7:13     ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2000-08-09  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold <darnold@northcoast.com> writes:

> Hans,
>
> Very nice, this worked!
>
> At 08:51 AM 8/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >At 01:08 PM 8/1/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >>But I didn't notice that replacing \completecontent with \placecontent
> >>turned off my "contents" button on my menu, defined by:
> >
> >\pagereference[content] \placecontent

I notice that with the beta context my menu is not showing up, even in
my old documents that have menus that have always worked before.

I'm using \completecontent, though.

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

* Re: I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-09  7:41       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-09  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:13 AM 8/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
>David Arnold <darnold@northcoast.com> writes:
>
>> Hans,
>>
>> Very nice, this worked!

>> >\pagereference[content] \placecontent
>
>I notice that with the beta context my menu is not showing up, even in
>my old documents that have menus that have always worked before.
>
>I'm using \completecontent, though.

\starttext
  \completecontent
  \chapter {first}
  \chapter {second}
\stoptext

This really should produce a toc. It does here and I run the same version
as you do. BTW, the new version also has:

\setuplist[chapter][alternative=right]

where 'right' is the menu name. [i just fixed it so that any self defined
menu work too].

That way, you get buttons like menu buttons.

\startmenu[right]
  \placelist[chapter][criterium=all]
  \vfill
  \but [CloseDocument] stop reading now \\
\stopmenu[right]

In that case setting

\setuplist[chapter][maxwidth=.9\hsize]

makes sense too.

Concerning menu's are you sure you have set

\setupinteraction[menu=on]

Hans

PS. Next week at tug I'll show you another new menu feature, concerning
button shapes [presentaion style 19].

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: I spoke too soon.
@ 2000-08-09 16:16         ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2000-08-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> At 03:13 AM 8/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >I notice that with the beta context my menu is not showing up, even in
> >my old documents that have menus that have always worked before.
> >
> >I'm using \completecontent, though.
>
> \starttext
>   \completecontent
>   \chapter {first}
>   \chapter {second}
> \stoptext
>
> This really should produce a toc. It does here and I run the same version
> as you do. BTW, the new version also has:

Oh, the TOC shows up fine.  I was referring specifically to the menu
button at the bottom of the page that points back to the TOC.

> \startmenu[right]
>   \placelist[chapter][criterium=all]
>   \vfill
>   \but [CloseDocument] stop reading now \\
> \stopmenu[right]

That is weird.  "\startmenu" and "\stopmenu" are not defined for me,
and putting the bracketed "[right]" after \stopinteractionmenu means
that "[right]" gets printed in the document text itself.

> Concerning menu's are you sure you have set
>
> \setupinteraction[menu=on]

Yes, it's in a block like this:

    \startnotmode   [printing]
      \setupinteractionscreen[option=max]
      \setupinteraction     [state=start,color=blue,menu=on]
      \setuppagenumbering   [location=]
    \stopnotmode

... and I'm sure that's getting evaluated, since the document is
starting full-screen.

Anyway, this is not an emergency.  :)  So if you are busy, I can wait
until after TUG2000.

--

@ 2000-08-09 21:00           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-09 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:16 PM 8/9/00 -0400, Ed L Cashin wrote:

>That is weird.  "\startmenu" and "\stopmenu" are not defined for me,

oeps: \startinteractionmenu

>... and I'm sure that's getting evaluated, since the document is
>starting full-screen.

We can look into it next week,

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE