* important message for german, polish and romanian users / please test beta
@ 2000-08-22 13:23 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-22 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: berend

Hi,

[new in beta release]

The three languages mentioned in the subject have in common that some users
use compound characters like "e and /l to access non latin characters. As
far as I know most germans use this convention, and therefore it is default.

Most of the Polish users however, prefer encoding on the fly with a special
kind of tex trick. Therefore, I have now separated the language specifics
in files calles enco-f<language code>.tex.

The german encoding is still loaded by default (see cont-usr.tex), but
polish is not enabled now.

  \useencoding[fpl]

will load this feature. Since we are dealing with a document wide feature
[due to the fact that tokens migrate thorugh the whole document] it's
either on or off -) Nevertheless, one can turn off a compound character with

  \

If I did it right, for german users things didn't change, for polish users,
now compound characters are turned off, and for romanian users .... it
depends on their wishes. Please let me know it it works ok.

I suppose that polish users on this list will forward this mail / inform
fellow users on the GUST lists, since my polish is still inadequate to do
so myself.

Hans

PS. Berend: we can now also add an endo-fnl for dutch users -)
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-08-22 13:23 UTC | newest]