* how to include a circle with gradient fill?
@ 2000-08-17  1:02 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-08-17  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all!

in de.comp.text.dtp someone posted a test for dtp programs.  They want to
compare the file size of the printing files.

One object that has to be placed on the page is a circle without a border
and with a gradient from white (center) to 100 % cyan.  Is there an easy
way to make this in context (maybe with the help of metapost)?

Thank you
Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: how to include a circle with gradient fill?
@ 2000-08-21  8:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-21  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 03:02 AM 8/17/00 +0200, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>in de.comp.text.dtp someone posted a test for dtp programs.  They want to
>compare the file size of the printing files.
>
>One object that has to be placed on the page is a circle without a border
>and with a gradient from white (center) to 100 % cyan.  Is there an easy
>way to make this in context (maybe with the help of metapost)?

It happens to be possible using the following code:

% output=pdftex

\setuplayout[width=middle,height=middle]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\startstandardmakeup

  \startMPcode
    numeric width ; width := \the\hsize ;
    numeric shade ; shade :=
      define_circular_shade (origin,origin,0,width,white,cyan) ;
    fill fullcircle scaled width withshade shade ;
  \stopMPcode

\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

Shading is present for some time, but the method presented here is only
availablein the beta version. [more on this in the metafun manual]

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: circle.pdf --]

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: how to include a circle with gradient fill?
@ 2000-08-22 10:05   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-08-22 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Hans!

Hartelijk bedankt voor uw meite!

You wrote on Mon, 21 Aug 2000:

>At 03:02 AM 8/17/00 +0200, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>>
>>One object that has to be placed on the page is a circle without a border
>>and with a gradient from white (center) to 100 % cyan.  Is there an easy
>>way to make this in context (maybe with the help of metapost)?
>
>It happens to be possible using the following code:
>
> [Code]
>
>Shading is present for some time, but the method presented here is only
>availablein the beta version. [more on this in the metafun manual]

Great!  Where is this marvellous metafun manual?

Now I only have to put this circle at an absolute position and set a box
with some text and then I can show the superior capability of TeX/ConTeXt.

Tot ziens!
Uwe Koloska

--

@ 2000-08-22 13:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-22 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 12:05 PM 8/22/00 +0200, Uwe Koloska wrote:

>Great!  Where is this marvellous metafun manual?

under construction [some 180 pages done now] but public soon

>Now I only have to put this circle at an absolute position and set a box
>with some text and then I can show the superior capability of TeX/ConTeXt.

What position? What text? I can define it for you.

groeten,

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE