* Re: Setting up footnotes...
@ 2000-08-22 13:14 ` Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2000-08-22 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> >I'm a TEX amateur. I couldn't figure out all the \v!, \@@vnwijze, etc. So
> >my solution is crude (but effective!).
> >
> >I hacked \dofootnote in core-not.tex as follows:
>
> You can add such a fix in cont-loc.tex which is loaded at runtime. That way
> you can keep track of such hacks.
>
> BTW, the \tx is doing the hardcoded font switch in the footnote number.
> Make that \bfx and you get bold ones.
>
> Hans

Thanks for the information. I did not know this. I took a while before I found out that I had to run 'fmtutil' for my changes to take effect! I assume that changes in this cont-loc.tex take immediate effect.

Before changing the source, I tried to put the alternative routine in my document source but that did not work because these \@@ things are not known there. I'll move my hack to cont-loc.tex for the time being...

Joop

PS  Sorry for letting this internal sender address out onto the net. That
    will have bounced your answer directly to me. Luckily I caught this
    on the list. My reply-to-all template was not correct. I'll fix that.
    Thanks.

J.

* Re: Setting up footnotes...
@ 2000-08-22 13:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-22 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:14 PM 8/22/00 +0200, Joop Susan wrote:

>Thanks for the information. I did not know this. I took a while before I
found out that I had to run 'fmtutil' for my changes to take effect! I
assume that changes in this cont-loc.tex take immediate effect.

Right. There is also cont-new.tex, which is used for patches that didn't
make it into teh core yet. I use cont-loc for local optimizations and so
[speed tests].

>Before changing the source, I tried to put the alternative routine in my
document source but that did not work because these \@@ things are not
known there. I'll move my hack to cont-loc.tex for the time being...

\unprotect

\@@well!!this??should@@work!!now??

\protect

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Setting up footnotes...
@ 2000-08-22  6:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-22  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

@ 2000-08-21 18:19   ` Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2000-08-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Joop Susan, ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 02:21 PM 8/19/00 +0200, Joop Susan wrote:
> >
> >Hallo,
> >
> >I would like to see my footnote numbers as a superscript number followed
> >by a ')'. I need my footnote references to be a bit more visible and
> >slightly bigger targets in interactive documents. (A CMSS superscript '1'
> >just looks lost ;-))
> >
> >I have tried:
> >
> >\def\Myfooternumber#1%
> >    {\high{#1)}}
> >
> >\setupfootnotes
> >    [numbercommand=\Myfooternumber]
> >
> >This only changes the presentation of the footnote number at the bottom of
> >the page, but not the reference in text.
> >
> >Can anybody tell me which command changes the reference as well?
>
> This is rather hard coded, so I have to look into it.
>
> Hans
>                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>                      Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
> tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

I'm only working on one project, so for the time being I can live with
hacking the source to get it right for this project.

I'm a TEX amateur. I couldn't figure out all the \v!, \@@vnwijze, etc. So
my solution is crude (but effective!).

I hacked \dofootnote in core-not.tex as follows:

\def\FootnoteNumberCommand#1% This defaults to just the number
  {#1}

\def\dofootnote#1%
  {\iffootnotesenabled
     \doglobal\increment\internalfootreference
     \doifelse{\@@vnwijze}{\v!per\v!pagina}
       {\settrue\pagewisefootnotes}
       {\setfalse\pagewisefootnotes}%
     \doifelse{#1}{-}
       {\let\footnotenumber=\empty}
       {\ifconditional\pagewisefootnotes
          \doifreferencefoundelse{\s!fnt:t:\internalfootreference}
            {\ifnum\currentrealreference>\lastfootnotepage\relax
               \global\let\lastfootnotepage\currentrealreference
               \resetnummer[\v!voetnoot]%
             \fi}
            {}%
        \fi
        \verhoognummer[\v!voetnoot]%
        \maakhetnummer[\v!voetnoot]%
        \def\Myfootnotenumber{\FootnoteNumberCommand{\hetnummer}}
        \rawtextreference{\s!fnt}{#1}{\Myfootnotenumber}%
        \let\footnotenumber=\Myfootnotenumber}%
     \expandafter\dostartfootnote
   \else
     \expandafter\gobbleoneargument
   \fi}

In my document source files I can override FootnoteNumberCommand:

\def\FootnoteNumberCommand#1%
  {[#1]}

or

\def\FootnoteNumberCommand#1%
  {\inframed[offset=0.2ex,strut=no,width=fit,height=fit]{#1}}

It looks like \setupfootnotes needs another option that accepts a
command...

No doubt you will be able to fix this in a proper way. Unfortunately I
lack the skills...

I'm using tetex-1.0.7 with updated pdftex binaries (Version
3.14159-14f-released-20000525-2.1) and an updated context tree (ver:
2000.5.31).

Joop

* Re: Setting up footnotes...
@ 2000-08-21 11:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-21 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:21 PM 8/19/00 +0200, Joop Susan wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>I would like to see my footnote numbers as a superscript number followed
>by a ')'. I need my footnote references to be a bit more visible and
>slightly bigger targets in interactive documents. (A CMSS superscript '1'
>just looks lost ;-))
>
>I have tried:
>
>\def\Myfooternumber#1%
>    {\high{#1)}}
>
>\setupfootnotes
>    [numbercommand=\Myfooternumber]
>
>This only changes the presentation of the footnote number at the bottom of
>the page, but not the reference in text.
>
>Can anybody tell me which command changes the reference as well?

This is rather hard coded, so I have to look into it.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Setting up footnotes...
@ 2000-08-19 12:21 Joop Susan